Stage 2 question

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I dont go on track but I might take it on a track when I get the new power but it wont be a regular thing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wiser to take a standard car on track and learn how to control it, track day tuition is an even better way to learn the car. The stock Cupra is a lot more capable than 99% of drivers are.

Having been out with Jordi Gene several times makes you realise that in the right hands the stock car is a weapon on track, 99% of people, myself included will run out of talent a lot sooner than the stock car.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Wiser to take a standard car on track and learn how to control it, track day tuition is an even better way to learn the car. The stock Cupra is a lot more capable than 99% of drivers are.

Having been out with Jordi Gene several times makes you realise that in the right hands the stock car is a weapon on track, 99% of people, myself included will run out of talent a lot sooner than the stock car.
I have done track days just not in the cupra plus I dont get much time now I have 2 children.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Plus my car is not standard anyway.

Last edited:

DrEv1l

Mar 17, 2017
My 2 pence worth:

Ive got a manual FWD 2016 290ST and the REVO stage 2. I wanted the stage 2 because it unlocks heal toe as you can press both accelerator and brake at the same time. I had the r600 intake, pipe and inlet and the DV+ mod same as oldboy as well as a sachs organic clutch and the REVO lower engine mount.

No inter cooler and I have had no issues in the 3 months it has been on. Ive done spirited runs but no track days. I spoke with VHub who did the work before the remap and they confirmed that the amp might not give the full power gains based on the missing intercooler but in "normal" fast driving you are unlikely to see heat soak impacting the power. So far I have not seen or felt any issues with the power delivery etc.

Traction on the other hand can be tricky off the line but once rolling things get pretty fast pretty quick!

Reactions: Damo H
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members