A Weekend I'd rather forget

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
So about Thursday wife moaned that the Kia was playing up , surging at low revs hard to start, Friday evening it died completely while she was driving it , result small crash. I suspected EGR/EGR Cooler turns out it was both. Spent Saturday replacing both (fortunately Euro's had both parts in stock) So still cost 300 odd quid.
Then heavy rain Saturday night , Sunday find LCR full of water again , car so fogged up and totally unsafe to drive.

Now the dilemma The Kia is 9 years old with 110,000 miles on the clock , is it time to move it on and what the hell do I do about the LCR ?

I'm too old to be dealing with "character building" weekends anymore........

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
So about Thursday wife moaned that the Kia was playing up , surging at low revs hard to start, Friday evening it died completely while she was driving it , result small crash. I suspected EGR/EGR Cooler turns out it was both. Spent Saturday replacing both (fortunately Euro's had both parts in stock) So still cost 300 odd quid.
Then heavy rain Saturday night , Sunday find LCR full of water again , car so fogged up and totally unsafe to drive.

Now the dilemma The Kia is 9 years old with 110,000 miles on the clock , is it time to move it on and what the hell do I do about the LCR ?

I'm too old to be dealing with "character building" weekends anymore........

Sounds a sh8y weekend, really don't need those! My old Leon used to be a mobile fish tank & I did think about with all this heavy rain. It is a nightmare to drive/dry & the damp smell never goes. Keep it covered & dry out whenever possible. Roll on summer!

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Sounds like the siv might need swapping at some point soon. “Winter is coming”
I feel for you.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.