Leon ST exhaust help please!

z1ts

Leon FR ST 1.4 Tsi DSG
Sep 4, 2018
Bristol
Hi all you friendly peeps on here!

As my signature shows, I have a Leon FR 1.4 Tsi ST - I have had a price for a new (quad) cat back exhaust system which I intend to fit along with a Reiger (or similar) diffuser.

Now, this has got me thinking! A lot of you on here remove your standard (dual-exit) cat back exhausts from your Cupra ST's and replace them with something else!

So, 2 questions:-
  1. Will one of your 'stock' cat back exhaust systems fit on my FR? (If not precisely with some mods?)
  2. Does anyone have a stock cat back exhaust system off a Cupra ST that they'd like to exhange for some ££'s?
Look forward to your help as always!

Cheers

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Hi all you friendly peeps on here!

As my signature shows, I have a Leon FR 1.4 Tsi ST - I have had a price for a new (quad) cat back exhaust system which I intend to fit along with a Reiger (or similar) diffuser.

Now, this has got me thinking! A lot of you on here remove your standard (dual-exit) cat back exhausts from your Cupra ST's and replace them with something else!

So, 2 questions:-
  1. Will one of your 'stock' cat back exhaust systems fit on my FR? (If not precisely with some mods?)
  2. Does anyone have a stock cat back exhaust system off a Cupra ST that they'd like to exhange for some ££'s?
Look forward to your help as always!

Cheers

@z1ts... I’m not sure if the stock exhaust of the Cupra St will be a direct fit onto your motor,do you have a pic of the underneath. If it does I have a stock exhaust with Akrapovic carbon tips on it in my garage.
b241596b52355c0e9775c8fd2f12f0e2.jpg
742e4d35a96985c971100afa63b0bbc0.jpg
5e6078843909d544acecf4ddefbfd179.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
You'll need to check a couple of things to see if it will fit.

1) Pipe diameter:
The smaller engines cars may have a narrower pipe diameter. So you'd need a step in the system creating.

2) Exhaust hanger for the right silencer:
Not sure if all ST's have them or you'll need one fitting/welding.

3) Noise:
Are you doing this for looks, or for more noise as well? As again the larger engine is likely a bit louder, you may find the Cupra exhaust makes your car quieter not louder. (I found this out the hard way on my Mk 2 diesel with a Cupra R exhaust?

However you could try a system like @Deano j1971 where you could fit or not fit the resonator depending on volume/drone.

Last edited:

z1ts

Leon FR ST 1.4 Tsi DSG
Sep 4, 2018
Bristol
You'll need to check a couple of things to see if it will fit.

1) Pipe diameter:
The smaller engines cars may have a narrower pipe diameter. So you'd need a step in the system creating.

2) Exhaust hanger for the right silencer:
Not sure if all ST's have them or you'll need one fitting/welding.

3) Noise:
Are you doing this for looks, or for more noise as well? As again the larger engine is likely a bit louder, you may find the Cupra exhaust makes your car quieter not louder. (I found this out the hard way on my Mk 2 diesel with a Cupra R exhaust?

However you could try a system like @Deano j1971 where you could fit or not fit the resonator depending on volume/drone.
Thanks, in response to your question/comments:-
  1. Don't think pipe size will be a big deal as the previous quote was for a full stainless steel non-resonated, silencer delete, sports exhaust in 304 stainless, so a mere reducer should be simple enough for these guys!
  2. Again, if it's not there (I doubt it is in all honesty) then these good guys will/can fit one
  3. Main purpose if I'm honest is for performance - the 1.4 Tsi has no known history of pulling pants off nuns as far as I'm aware..... This car is a replacement for a Mk3 Cupra 290 which due to circumstances too long & complicated for this forum has been replaced with this 'pootler'!!!! But looks are a consideration - making it louder/quieter isn't that big a deal either way to be honest!!!
Thanks loads for your help & appreciate your thoughts.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.