AIRBAG WARNING LIGHT

Nigel Chamberlain

Oct 12, 2019
Hi all.
I recently purchased a Seat Leon MK1 from a work colleague. When I the transaction was done the airbag light was on. I have had this plugged up to a diagnostics machine and no fault found.

Does anyone know how I can turn this light off?

Cheers

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
That's strange, if the light is on then there should be a fault code. Have you tried clearing it? (using the diagnostic machine) Does it come straight back?

The airbag sensors are under the driver and passenger seats, 90% of airbag faults seem to be related to them. It's usually triggered if you have water in the footwells, (which from your previous posts i know to be the case) so i would sort that out first.

Nigel Chamberlain

Oct 12, 2019
That's strange, if the light is on then there should be a fault code. Have you tried clearing it? (using the diagnostic machine) Does it come straight back?

The airbag sensors are under the driver and passenger seats, 90% of airbag faults seem to be related to them. It's usually triggered if you have water in the footwells, (which from your previous posts i know to be the case) so i would sort that out first.

Cheers mate......
I'm hoping that I've sorted the water leak out now as I've now cleaned all the drain holes and seals.

Do you know what it is I need to look for under the seats for the airbag?

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
The airbag light will come on if the steering wheel was removed .
There should be a yellow clamshell connector under each seat, some are sort of loose and easily visible yet others are clipped up into the seat framework

Nigel Chamberlain

Oct 12, 2019
The airbag light will come on if the steering wheel was removed .
There should be a yellow clamshell connector under each seat, some are sort of loose and easily visible yet others are clipped up into the seat framework

That's great cheers mate. I will have a look tomorrow see what I can find out. Far as I'm aware the steering wheel has never been removed

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Cheap £12 eBay code reader will turn that light off. Might come back one of course but everybody should own a code reader if they have a car.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

hondated

Dec 13, 2007
Cheap £12 eBay code reader will turn that light off. Might come back one of course but everybody should own a code reader if they have a car.
Hi Alexis27 Mines just come and I have a couple of those code readers but neither one can reset. Can you point me to one that can !
And your right everyone should own but I appear to have brought the wrong ones.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.