Seat Leon Cupra 280 Res and Muffler delete

MH0

Aug 7, 2019
Hi All,

I have recently got rid of the middle resonator on my car and honestly it is sounding like how the car should of sounded from factory. But I am still not contempt with how the car sounds. I was told that If I take out the Back box then the car will give a more rumble and the pops and bangs will be able to be heard a lot more. But before I get this done, have any of you guys got videos of your car with this done that you can share as I don't want to be paying £450 for the car to go slightly louder.

I am looking for videos of a res delete and a muffler delete done on the cupra 280/290

Thanks

MH0

Salcat

Apr 30, 2019
Hi All,

I have recently got rid of the middle resonator on my car and honestly it is sounding like how the car should of sounded from factory. But I am still not contempt with how the car sounds. I was told that If I take out the Back box then the car will give a more rumble and the pops and bangs will be able to be heard a lot more. But before I get this done, have any of you guys got videos of your car with this done that you can share as I don't want to be paying £450 for the car to go slightly louder.

I am looking for videos of a res delete and a muffler delete done on the cupra 280/290

Thanks

MH0
Not sure I can help on the noise front, but I think £450 seems a bit pricey for a backbox delete?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Aren't there two resonators before the backbox on the 280? If you've only removed the middle one, could you remove the other one and see if that makes a difference? Where are you based? I had a quote for £350 for back box delete from somewhere in Preston, and £450 from Pipewerx.

ray

Jan 7, 2016

This is my cupra 280 with the silencer and resonator delete.

There’s a video on YouTube where a guy with a white cupra dsg 280 has the backbox changed and the sound was better but it was still very quiet. He acts super happy with it but you can tell it was nowhere near as loud as he expected.

My double res delete was about £100 quid from zaustworx, best money I’ve spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MH0

MH0

Aug 7, 2019
Aren't there two resonators before the backbox on the 280? If you've only removed the middle one, could you remove the other one and see if that makes a difference? Where are you based? I had a quote for £350 for back box delete from somewhere in Preston, and £450 from Pipewerx.

You are correct, there are two resonators but I was told that taking out the second resonator wont make as much of a difference as taking out the backbox. Also, I was told that if both resonators are taken out then there would be a good amount of droning. But the droning isn't something I am concerned about, All I want is the meaty rumble when I rev on stand still and while driving off casually, you can hear the car. I was told that the backbox delete along with the res delete will do that but I want to make sure that is the case as I can't seem to find any videos on youtube so I wanted to see if any of you guys had videos that I could look at to make sure I am happy before I spend £450

MH0

Aug 7, 2019

This is my cupra 280 with the silencer and resonator delete.

There’s a video on YouTube where a guy with a white cupra dsg 280 has the backbox changed and the sound was better but it was still very quiet. He acts super happy with it but you can tell it was nowhere near as loud as he expected.

My double res delete was about £100 quid from zaustworx, best money I’ve spent.

Hi Ray,

Is this the res delete with the backbox delete? Also, could you send a video when in Launch as I want to hear how that sounds?

thanks

ray

Jan 7, 2016
No this is the silencer and resonator delete, backbox still in place.

I’m not sure what you mean on launch? Do you mean sitting on the idle limiter? (Think it’s 2.5 or 3k rpm.

Honestly think your wasting your money spending all that on the backbox delete, just get rid of the other silencer and there isn’t a lot of drone at all, only maybe if you are “cruising” above 85mph or uphill pulls at motorway speeds.

MH0

Aug 7, 2019
No this is the silencer and resonator delete, backbox still in place.

I’m not sure what you mean on launch? Do you mean sitting on the idle limiter? (Think it’s 2.5 or 3k rpm.

Honestly think your wasting your money spending all that on the backbox delete, just get rid of the other silencer and there isn’t a lot of drone at all, only maybe if you are “cruising” above 85mph or uphill pulls at motorway speeds.

When you put your car into cupra mode then turn off traction, plant your foot down hard onto the brake then put your foot down on the accelerator. I wanna hear how the car sounds when trying to do launch control on the car

ray

Jan 7, 2016
When you put your car into cupra mode then turn off traction, plant your foot down hard onto the brake then put your foot down on the accelerator. I wanna hear how the car sounds when trying to do launch control on the car

Mines is a manual.

Reactions: Cuprabenwytm

OptimusDecline

Feb 24, 2016
Scotland
Hi All,

Thanks

MH0

Please don't get mad. This is for your own benefit. Your use of the word 'contempt' is incorrect. You should have used, 'content'. That is all. I'm off to correct grammar in the YouTube comment sections now.

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
I have a 280 with double res delete done, just get the second one removed. Or put the money down on a better exhaust. Plenty of options out there.

MH0

Aug 7, 2019
I have ended up doing the backbox delete along with the res delete and I can confirm that In my opinion, it is well worth the money. The crackles you get while on Cupra mode is loud and the DSG farts are amazing. I do quite a bit of motorway journeys and there is basically no drone at all while at cruising speed, but obviously when you decide to put your foot down, you can hear how loud the car actually is.

Reactions: Kibby

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
I have ended up doing the backbox delete along with the res delete and I can confirm that In my opinion, it is well worth the money. The crackles you get while on Cupra mode is loud and the DSG farts are amazing. I do quite a bit of motorway journeys and there is basically no drone at all while at cruising speed, but obviously when you decide to put your foot down, you can hear how loud the car actually is.

I may be wrong but does the exhuast not need some form of restrictor included? Surley a full straight system would fail MOT or did you leave some box inplace?

Have you any undercarriage photos

MH0

Aug 7, 2019
I may be wrong but does the exhuast not need some form of restrictor included? Surley a full straight system would fail MOT or did you leave some box inplace?

Have you any undercarriage photos
I don't have any photos as I ended up smashing my phone the other day and forgot to back it up :banghead2:banghead:

But I left the front Resonator in place along with the Cat so not a full straight pipe at the moment. I have only removed 1 resonator and the backbox. Best decision I have ever made IMO

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.