Back in a Cupra!

Nobafett

Dec 10, 2018
Sold my white 280 DSG about 5 months ago and went back to an RS Megane. Didn’t take long to realise that I really needed the 5 doors. After looking at all the different options, finally put a deposit down on a manual 280 in Alor Blue. Should be picking it up this Wednesday. Hopefully I enjoy the manual more than the DSG which although very impressive just ended up leaving me feeling a bit cold.
That’s my 8th car in 4 years, I really need to stop at some point soon!

FEA96312-568A-4348-AB1F-FB826471DC8C.jpeg

Nobafett

Dec 10, 2018
It’s actually one of the cheapest for sale anywhere but with a very decent speck. Winter pack, Seat Sound, car play, etc. Loving the colour too.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Yeah, I also love the colour. If I can ever justify moving to a MK3, I'd want the same! You'll have to let us know what you think of dsg vs manual. The thing I don't like about my MK2 is the heavy Helix clutch, especially as I spend most of my time in traffic so I figured if I went MK3, I'd go DSG.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Nobafett

Dec 10, 2018
Yeah, will do. I will say that the DSG was amazing when crawling through the jams, much much better than a manual in that respect. However, as this is a second car and is more of a toy, the manual should give me more thrills. Hopefully anyway.

Reactions: Legojon

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Yeah, I also love the colour. If I can ever justify moving to a MK3, I'd want the same! You'll have to let us know what you think of dsg vs manual. The thing I don't like about my MK2 is the heavy Helix clutch, especially as I spend most of my time in traffic so I figured if I went MK3, I'd go DSG.

Do it, Do it, Do it. You know you really want a Mk3 CUPRA .

The Alor Blue is a lovely colour in the flesh. Nearly as nice as Desire Red and Speed Blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Legojon

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Yeah, will do. I will say that the DSG was amazing when crawling through the jams, much much better than a manual in that respect. However, as this is a second car and is more of a toy, the manual should give me more thrills. Hopefully anyway.
Welcome. I thought id never go back to manual after dsg but then i got this and love manual again lol

Nobafett

Dec 10, 2018
Well, that didn’t go to plan. Went to collect the car yesterday and ended up collecting my deposit and walking away. Just too many issues. Rear bumper needed spraying due to a scuff, creaking from rear suspension, alignment badly out etc etc.
All easily repairable, but not what I wanted to have to start doing.
Change of plan anyway, looks like I’ll be putting a deposit down on a brand new i30n.

mark smith

"take it or leave it !"
Oct 28, 2007
westbury !
Well, that didn’t go to plan. Went to collect the car yesterday and ended up collecting my deposit and walking away. Just too many issues. Rear bumper needed spraying due to a scuff, creaking from rear suspension, alignment badly out etc etc.
All easily repairable, but not what I wanted to have to start doing.
Change of plan anyway, looks like I’ll be putting a deposit down on a brand new i30n.

Oh no

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
So, is that welcome back then goodbye? [B)] If you go i30n report back on how you find it, good luck with the search.

Nobafett

Dec 10, 2018
Ha, yeah, sorry. Just put a deposit down on a new i30n. The Apr has dropped to 4.9 so the difference in the payments is minimal.
The Cupra is a great car and a better daily, I test drove a remapped 300 yesterday. Incredibly quick in a straight line, just doesn’t do the corners as well. Which is for me, where it all counts.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members