What Fuel do you guys use?

RYANBRZ

Sep 10, 2019
I have read that Tesco Monumentum is decent fuel for the cupra. But others swear by shell V power. what are your thoughts, what ones do you use?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I have read that Tesco Monumentum is decent fuel for the cupra. But others swear by shell V power. what are your thoughts, what ones do you use?

Depends what is available for some. My local garage is BP (1 mile away) but I always use Shell V Power (Garage is 8 miles away but I plan my journey to go via that garage when I need to full up). Nearest Tesco with Momentum is 25 miles away and that’s just a little too far for a detour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RYANBRZ

RYANBRZ

Sep 10, 2019
As in my earlier thread, E10 blend. So far, more go, but no difference in economy. Which is a nice surprise.

I have heard of this fuel before, I live in the west mids and dont think there are any garages near me to try this fuel out.

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
I use Tesco Momentum. Reasonable price and 99 octane. The car's been mapped with this is mind too so I stick with it and get decent power & MPG.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Tried a few supers and most are about the same for go and economy, although Morrisons made my car feel a bit 'off'. I use Momentum mostly because its far cheaper than the branded ones and the car runs exactly the same or better.

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
Depends what is available for some. My local garage is BP (1 mile away) but I always use Shell V Power (Garage is 8 miles away but I plan my journey to go via that garage when I need to full up). Nearest Tesco with Momentum is 25 miles away and that’s just a little too far for a detour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds surprisingly familiar, bp is at the top of my street, shell for v power is on my way to work roughly about 10 miles away, and tesco is about 25 miles away in the wrong direction

Reactions: Maypack

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Mapped for V-Power... and live opposite a Shell garage! Well, technically it opened opposite me. :think:

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Do you need to run the better fuels on a standard Cupra? I do but imagine the normal non forum type owner would just run 97.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
I imagine most unsavvy owners just use supermarket 95RON like every other car out there. Not tried it to be honest, but since Momentum is cheap enough I dont see the point.

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Iv been mostly using standard BP fuel due to it being round the corner form my house but I do also use Tesco momentum 99 due to that being round from my work. I got 310 miles from the Tesco stuff with normal driving and the odd blast. Not going to lie I do struggle to see performance benefit however I'm sure there is some benefit towards the engine

I have had the new 290 for 11.5 months now so i was going to write a 12 month review on the forum

Reactions: andrew.scopes

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I use any of the 95RON branded fuel, Esso, Jet, Texaco, Shell, BP, and occasionally use Shell Vpower/Esso 97 and Momentum 99.

I felt no difference in the 95Ron ones, Vpower gave best mpg, esso gave smoothest engine, Momentum gave neither... on fuel flap it shows 95RON.

Engine was 1.0TSI

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Did they invite you as the most visited customer to open it? Did you drive through the ribbon with your car lol

It's currently closed for 2 weeks for refurb... I imagine to fit a bigger v-power container. I haven't officially got an invite yet... but I'm starting to sweat!!

Do you need to run the better fuels on a standard Cupra? I do but imagine the normal non forum type owner would just run 97.

Wouldn't have thought so... but when going for mapping you need to use the best fuel you can find and then stick to it. When I got mine mapped there was a loudmouth in with an Audi S3 (same engine)... it was an awful waiting experience as he bragged to his 2 mates... mine came back at 300 bhp (Stage 1) and his came back at 273bhp. It was a kodak moment... he then said he's stopped at asda on the way and filled it up. [Knowing nods from the room]. They recommend he use the tank, put in something higher octane then have it done again. Strangely he was really quiet after that.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I’m sure I read somewhere, maybe on the R forum, that unless the ECU detected 97RON and above you didn’t get the full power output?

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
We've just had a Consumer Dispute Tribunal case where the owner of a Golf sued the dealer for repairs to the engine. It ate a couple of pistons and other bits. She said that she ran it on 91 and the dealer didn't warn her not to. So they owe her for the repairs.
Just to confirm that her IQ was less than her shoe size, she said that she knew it needed 95, but didn't think it would do any harm.
She lost.
One thing's for certain, she didn't save enough on cheaper gas to compensate for an engine rebuild.

Reactions: mdaw1985 and RUM4MO
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise