Can I code fog lights to be always on can't use light switch will explain below.

Mohamed emarah

Mar 27, 2019
Egypt
So my 2019 leon doesn't come with light sensors and an auto switch so I retrofitted and original light switch that has auto lights but I could only buy aftermarket light sensors I need to do that to get coming/ leaving home lights . The problem is the light sensor connects to the auto switch then I connect both to the car but with the light sensor connected I can't turn on my fog lights no matter how I turn the switch , I tried it without the light sensor connected and the fog lights turn on when I pull the switch normally so is there a way I can code the fog lights to be always on ? They turn on when I rotate the steering wheel .

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
From memory, it's a non endorsable fixed penalty offence in England to use front fog lamps when visibilty is not affected, in fog or falling snow for example.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
From memory, it's a non endorsable fixed penalty offence in England to use front fog lamps when visibility is not affected...

Yes, same in Scotland but I've never heard of anyone getting done for it. If you drove around with the rears on you'd piss people off and I think you'd be far more likely to get pulled.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Some years ago, my brother got stopped by the police for having his front fogs on when visibility wasn’t poor.

There was thick fog when he started his journey but it cleared before he got to his destination but he forgot to turn his front fogs off. He didn’t get prosecuted; just got a ‘friendly’ warning.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Why bother, frankly they are little or no use in anything except fog and falling snow, can’t think of more than a dozen times I’ve used mine in, say, 20 years, in fact one of my cars doesn’t have fog lights and never missed them.

Reactions: Seastormer

z1ts

Leon FR ST 1.4 Tsi DSG
Sep 4, 2018
Bristol
Nor in the UK, but I've never heard of anyone getting prosecuted for it though.
I didn't get prosecuted for it, but I did get pulled and a curt "you've got your foglights on mate - any reason?" from a copper.........

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I coded my fogs to be one along with the long lights, so it definitely can be done.
Each light channel has different "lanes" in the configuration, which are different behaviors.
You simply go to the light channel for the bulbs assigned to fog lights, take a lane that is not used and assign it to the function you want - for instance to act as DRL or as regular lights.

Reactions: Mohamed emarah
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members