Opinions on This?

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
That is terrible. I don't go in for the whole modding thing in general but that is particularly bad.

Reactions: LouG

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
The problem with so many of these body kits is that they just dont flow with the bodywork. In this case the Leon is quite smooth and curvy, whereas the kit is angular, so lines don't flow any more. The spoilers problem is that it doesn't have consistent or complimentary gaps from the centre of the roof to the edge. It looks like a generic part, not something designed for the Leon.

Ive used spoilers on cars before, but they were OEM parts my car didnt have, and they looked so much better than after market parts that just happen to have a fitting for the car.

Reactions: Mr Pig

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
Probably not a popular choice of kit to be honest but like others are saying, if you like it then go for it. I don't walk around in clothes because other people like the look of them, i walk around in clothes that i like the look of, same principle here.. kinda.

Reactions: Legojon and Damo H

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
My eyes aaargh.

Is it from Halfords?
I don’t think even Halfords would sell anything as tacky looking as that.

@Rookiereece; Sorry, not for me. IMO it really cheapens the look of the stylish car that the Leon is.

Everyone likes different things though, which is a good thing, although I’d hazard a guess that there’d be more haters than lovers of that body kit - especially on this forum.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
If you dont have a Cupra then fit a Cupra spoiler, and maybe the extra lip spoiler some have here.

I used to have an MG ZT, one popular mod was to have both the lip spoiler and the boomerang spoiler fitted. They were OEM and didnt look silly. All the after market ones looked daft.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Rookiereece hasn't said much. I hope we haven't hurt his feelings. Yes, it is his car to do with as he wishes, and peoples tastes differ,
but if I wanted that look I would have bought a Type Aaarrrgghh.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Rookiereece hasn't said much. I hope we haven't hurt his feelings. Yes, it is his car to do with as he wishes, and peoples tastes differ,
We went to look at the latest version when it was launched, she didn’t even get out of the car, first glance was enough, you’re too old for one, and so am I she says.

Reactions: LouG

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
We went to look at the latest version when it was launched, she didn’t even get out of the car, first glance was enough, you’re too old for one, and so am I she says.
I prefer to think we have exquisite taste and discernment. That tends to come with age too.