Ateca Duff Batteries...

Tell

Staff member

Deleted member 98136

Far from me to suggest that "duff battery" issues are down to stop / start. Seems to be a common issue with cars fitted with SS these days stressing the battery out.

Obdeleven thread for how to fix SS and have a safe motoring life. 22 months of Ateca motoring in a 4Drive DSG no issue :).

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....f-activity-working-ones-for-the-ateca.438134/
I'd like to turn off the stop/start on my Ateca, but I seem to remember that when I did this on a previous Leon using obdeleven it then added the option in the car menu screen.

Tell

Staff member
I'd like to turn off the stop/start on my Ateca, but I seem to remember that when I did this on a previous Leon using obdeleven it then added the option in the car menu screen.

The technique is to fool the cars system into not activating the stop / start by setting the battery charge level at so high a level it won't turn off the engine. It's set at 12 volts. That setting is in a set of settings that allow stop / start to be activated. It doesn't effect how the car functions except stop / start isn't activated.

That is the VCDS technique that is used. The Obdeleven screens to do it are on the thread. You make a note of the voltage it's currently set to and switch it back before it goes in for a service, so you don't get told the stop / start isn't working.

In VAG's wisdom you don't get a screen toggle setting, only way to do it is above unless you hardware a switch in... there are details on the net :). Veritable Australia Don expert on VCDS goes into that. You'll find that but I would not recommend that approach, bit of an over kill.

Deleted member 98136

The technique is to fool the cars system into not activating the stop / start by setting the battery charge level at so high a level it won't turn off the engine. It's set at 12 volts. That setting is in a set of settings that allow stop / start to be activated. It doesn't effect how the car functions except stop / start isn't activated.

That is the VCDS technique that is used. The Obdeleven screens to do it are on the thread. You make a note of the voltage it's currently set to and switch it back before it goes in for a service, so you don't get told the stop / start isn't working.

In VAG's wisdom you don't get a screen toggle setting, only way to do it is above unless you hardware a switch in... there are details on the net :). Veritable Australia Don expert on VCDS goes into that. You'll find that but I would not recommend that approach, bit of an over kill.
Understand what you're saying Tell, but just thought its much easier to turn it on/off via the menu screen before a sevice, as I.m sure I could before, Thanks anyway mate.

Tell

Staff member
I tend to think you want to do a vcds check before you take it in for service to discuss any issues you find. Reset the stops / start back to how it was. Check after service and restore the 12v setting... remembering to press that annoying button on the drive there and back. So no great hardship. I tend to delete the random error messages you get on the VCDS in any case associated with the door being left open, getting your head in the tailgate when it's closing on the motor etc. The SVMs that come up on the infotainment system by playing with it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members