MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Sochaux

Jan 28, 2018
Just wondering what everyone does in regards to insurance? Do you insure the lease on the delivery date? Or input the vehicle details on CTM to get a quote and then buy the insurance when you know the registration?

ramsayn

Aug 26, 2019
Just wondering what everyone does in regards to insurance? Do you insure the lease on the delivery date? Or input the vehicle details on CTM to get a quote and then buy the insurance when you know the registration?
My insurance had to be cancelled due to the gap between old and new car. I can reinstate up to 12 weeks after it lapsed and it will be as it was. 12 weeks are up on Monday, was hoping for confirmed delivery date today so I could call insurance, but surprise surprise, nothing.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
My local dealer placed my order on a Standard Cupra in Magnetic Grey on the 17th August and he's just come back to me with a confirmed build week of 47 so its looking like an early January delivery.

I'd originally been estimated sometime in November but January kind of works out quite well for me as the contract on my current Ibiza lasts up until Feb and it has just started telling me it needs an oil service and inspection within 29 days. It would have been kind of annoying to have to trade the car in straight away after shelling out for a major service!

I'm quite glad I thought ahead and placed an order well before my current contract was up, though. 6 months is a much longer lead time than originally estimated so I could have been stuck without a car! I remember that my current Ibiza also took around 6 months from original order to delivery so perhaps the Seat factory are a little too optimistic with their lead times in general.
Wow for a standard,interesting I have been offered a standard mag grey with BW 46,if you BW 47 you should have it by Dec,they told me it takes a week to build,two to 4 weeks logistics

Aug 16, 2019
Wow for a standard,interesting I have been offered a standard mag grey with BW 46,if you BW 47 you should have it by Dec,they told me it takes a week to build,two to 4 weeks logistics
I guess then, if we take week 47 as the 18th November and it takes all of that week to build. 4 weeks after that takes us to around the 20th December. Maybe the dealer is just counting in a bit of slack and doesn't want to promise anything right over Christmas. Would be a nice Christmas present if it does arrive then! :)

ramsayn

Aug 26, 2019
Well, to the surprise of no one following this thread the due date at dealer of my car has miraculously moved again. 16/10 - 24/10, now moved to 01/11. How hard can it be to know where a car is and how long it will take to get to dealer. If you were being uncharitable you would say they just make it up. [:@]

Last edited:

Metaliban

Aug 2, 2019
Should start taking bets on who is gonna get be the first to get the MY20 Cupra or Cupra lux :') Don't think anyone on here has actually taken delivery of one yet unless I'm mistaken

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
Just got off the phone to nationwide, current dealer arrival is 4/11. He is hopeful it will actually be next week for a quick turn around on delivery. He believes I should have it delivered between 5-9/11. Let’s wait and see shall we

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
Just got off the phone to nationwide, current dealer arrival is 4/11. He is hopeful it will actually be next week for a quick turn around on delivery. He believes I should have it delivered between 5-9/11. Let’s wait and see shall we
Yep that is pretty much what I was told, although given everything else I expect at least another week added to that!

ramsayn

Aug 26, 2019
Me too, not holding my breath but they keep giving me that little bit of hope.
I just called, what a shambles. Basically the excuse is they have hundreds piled up at the port and it’s taking weeks to process them. No guarantee that the 1st November comes and it won’t magically move out another week.

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
I just called, what a shambles. Basically the excuse is they have hundreds piled up at the port and it’s taking weeks to process them. No guarantee that the 1st November comes and it won’t magically move out another week.
That sounds about right. It's like they suddenly had all these cars appear out of thin air that hadn't been on order for months giving them time to get organised!

Reactions: LevoForest

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Someon is going to be happy,the cupra I had held for me if I wished to change is back up for grabs.Mag grey cupra

whoever orders that will get a BW46 as it’s already confirmed

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
I have a confirmed delivery to dealer on Monday. However, they’d also told me it would be there today. Which it isn’t.

Hoping for Tuesday Wednesday collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
I have a confirmed delivery to dealer on Monday. However, they’d also told me it would be there today. Which it isn’t.

Hoping for Tuesday Wednesday collection.

Fingers crossed for you! You will hopefully start the domino effect for us all. Just hoping that they won’t have a backlog on checks.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Fingers crossed for you! You will hopefully start the domino effect for us all. Just hoping that they won’t have a backlog on checks.

Thanks. It’s been in Grimsby for over a week. Apparently the manufacturers have flooded the uk with cars post Brexit (futile now by the looks of things) and logistics are under significant strain.

Zero communication from the stealers. All updates have been from CS initiated by me. I’ve even ended up with some goodwill from building a relationship there.

Gilding92

Jul 22, 2019
Thanks. It’s been in Grimsby for over a week. Apparently the manufacturers have flooded the uk with cars post Brexit (futile now by the looks of things) and logistics are under significant strain.

Zero communication from the stealers. All updates have been from CS initiated by me. I’ve even ended up with some goodwill from building a relationship there.

Yeah mines currently sat there too. Glad you got some goodwill, nationwide pretty much told me to stop calling them

gk26

Sep 29, 2019
Seems to be a few here saying they cancelled their Cupras from Leasing Options. Did you get your admin fees back?
Cancelled on the 18th and didn’t get admin feee back. They tried to say I have to pay the 3% cancellation fee but I refused and then received the following email:

“Hi

Sorry been speaking to my sales manager about a possible outcome in terms of the processing fee I cant do anything about but in terms of the Brexit situation if you still want to cancel after this you'll still be in the same position as now we will not charge the 3% of the P11'd value.

So it's worth hanging on and seeing what the outcome will be.

hope this helps you.

Many Thanks”

I cancelled and didn’t get the processing fee. Ordered a 430i gran coupe instead.

Deleted member 117523

Hi, quick question guys. What % is the factory tints for the back windows for the cupras?

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Yeah mines currently sat there too. Glad you got some goodwill, nationwide pretty much told me to stop calling them

Call Seat direct. I suspect they’ve realised that there are some seriously annoyed customers and they’re willing to put things right in the form of vouchers or cash.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.