Anyone else's Leon take forever to clear the windscreen?

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
I think the blowers in general are not that great on leon's, when I had a brand new 2019 model as a courtesy car I tested it and it was the same so it must be across the range.

Defo the worth part of the car for me but not a massive deal overall

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I think the blowers in general are not that great on leon's, when I had a brand new 2019 model as a courtesy car I tested it and it was the same so it must be across the range.

Aye they are crap i noticed it in the summer A/C flat out blowers on max and still wasn’t exactly cold

Reactions: Sword

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I get a bit of fogging on the inside but it soon clears!

If I turn the A/C off it gets worse over a few days! figure that out!

So the A/C is always on
That's because A/C dehumidifies the air. Mine is always on Auto and I don't have any condensation issues at all. People seem to think A/C is only for winter but it can be used all year round.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
also something to try is when you park up at night set the blower direction down to your feet before you switch off.
You'd like to think people set it to come out from the foot wells for heat anyway. Top blowers should be for cool air and lower ones hot air with the exception of when clearing the windscreen and using the window vents.
Not sure if cloth interior makes a difference due to it absorbing more moisture than leather too.

Anyone with issues have a leather interior?

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
I have issues with the windscreen fogging up even when it's parked up at night, I also noticed this on my 2018 Ibiza.

It's a bit odd when I look round our car park at home and the only other car affected by this is a 12 year old Ford Focus...

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
You'd like to think people set it to come out from the foot wells for heat anyway. Top blowers should be for cool air and lower ones hot air with the exception of when clearing the windscreen and using the window vents.
Not sure if cloth interior makes a difference due to it absorbing more moisture than leather too.

Anyone with issues have a leather interior?
I have all leathe rinterior and ever since I got my AC serviced my windscreen fogs up while driving even with the AC on. Dont have any issues clearing the screen in the mornings though. Just put the screen blower function on and usually clears in a couple of minutes.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I have issues with the windscreen fogging up even when it's parked up at night, I also noticed this on my 2018 Ibiza.

It's a bit odd when I look round our car park at home and the only other car affected by this is a 12 year old Ford Focus...
Hopefully mine doesn't start with this issue!

DragonQ

Jul 26, 2016

Yeah I agree with this. In the summer it takes a good 10 minutes to cool down the car, in the winter it takes a good 10 minutes to heat up. Just nowhere near up to scratch compared to other cars I've driven.

Thanks everyone for the advice, I guess I'll just have to use dehumidifier bags and accept that it's a weakness of the model.

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
Yeah I agree with this. In the summer it takes a good 10 minutes to cool down the car, in the winter it takes a good 10 minutes to heat up. Just nowhere near up to scratch compared to other cars I've driven.

Thanks everyone for the advice, I guess I'll just have to use dehumidifier bags and accept that it's a weakness of the model.

Will try the dehumidifier bags myself after reading this thread, worth a pop for something so cheap.

And yes it is the unfortunate reality but all cars have their bad points after all.

DragonQ

Jul 26, 2016
And yes it is the unfortunate reality but all cars have their bad points after all.
Yep, although they are pretty rare with this car. My only other major gripe is the annoying vibrating door cards! One day I'll try to tackle that...

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
Yep, although they are pretty rare with this car. My only other major gripe is the annoying vibrating door cards! One day I'll try to tackle that...

Same I think the rattles are most peoples biggest problem.

I actually had mine done at the dealer and they fixed it! Quite uncommon to have it done correctly at the dealer but I got lucky I guess.

Doesnt look hard to do it yourself however and there are plenty of tips on this forum for that, if the rattle returns I will defo be doing that myself.

DragonQ

Jul 26, 2016
Same I think the rattles are most peoples biggest problem.

I actually had mine done at the dealer and they fixed it! Quite uncommon to have it done correctly at the dealer but I got lucky I guess.

Doesnt look hard to do it yourself however and there are plenty of tips on this forum for that, if the rattle returns I will defo be doing that myself.
My dealer fixed it twice while it was still in warranty but it came back both times after a month or so.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
also something to try is when you park up at night set the blower direction down to your feet before you switch off.
I have the same problem sometimes in my Mk3, my wife's i10 and previous Nissan/Honda cars. If its going to be cold/damp I set to footwell then turn system off. Drives me mad my wife has demist on screen (hot) then parks car on drive so whilst screen wants to go cold, warm air is still rising from the dash vent :censored:. That takes ages to clear even with aircon on.

Reactions: Wastedagen

JonnyG

Mar 18, 2019
One more thing I do to minimise this (as well as keeping the glass very clean & keeping the A/C on auto full time) is to turn up the heater to the highest setting and the fan to very high on a long drive and open all the windows a crack. Yes it gets a bit unbearably hot but it does dry out the inside of the car and helps minimise future condensation for a while.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
If you've got water droplets running down the glass then you've got a leak, unless you regularly get in the car with soaking clothes and shoes. A light misting, that takes a few seconds of AC to clear, should be normal.

The last VAG group car I had with a bad condensation problem needed a damp meter check all over, to track the source down to a inner door seal around a speaker.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
If you've got water droplets running down the glass then you've got a leak, unless you regularly get in the car with soaking clothes and shoes. A light misting, that takes a few seconds of AC to clear, should be normal.

The last VAG group car I had with a bad condensation problem needed a damp meter check all over, to track the source down to a inner door seal around a speaker.
SEAT told me not so and gave me a piece of paper explaining the cause of the moisture. Everything but a leak