what have you done to your car today ?

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Bought a serpentine belt ready for next week.
Tuesdays gunna be a busy one lol
20191023_140915.jpg

Reactions: Leon20vt4

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
You could try using a flat spanner lodged in the groove, just take your time and it should work - only if your in a hurry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks - luckily I'm in no hurry and don't have any big drives coming up. For once in my life I'm going to use the proper tool and not bodge it!

Reactions: Leon20vt4

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Fitted new gear knob leather to it from my old Leon I stripped out, took door panel of to find I do need a new driver windows regulator and the rear shock are both gone.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Fitted new gear knob leather to it from my old Leon I stripped out, took door panel of to find I do need a new driver windows regulator and the rear shock are both gone.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That sucks.
My locking module is going wonky this week.
Leon Life.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

lightup

May 27, 2019
Oke so i got a waterproblem in the rear of my black topsport(cupra) Completly soaked im the back while my doorseals are kitted and dry. Is there any other way water comes in? I dont get it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Oke so i got a waterproblem in the rear of my black topsport(cupra) Completly soaked im the back while my doorseals are kitted and dry. Is there any other way water comes in? I dont get it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk
Ive been told the rear light clusters leak. Im checking mine next week but have a sneaky suspition my leaks co.ing from the sciluttle pan when i fit the boost gauge :banghead:

Reactions: BadBoy03

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Leaks in the boot can also be cause by the rear washer connector parting or leaks through the rear wiper stem or as said above, through the rear light cluster

Maria

my mid-life crisis car
Jun 22, 2016
South-West
Today I tackled a long term diesel leak. That spaghetti of braided pipes at the back of the engine bay was all wet so we started by replacing all those, thought we'd change the diesel filter while we're at it and hey why not the air filter and oil and filter too. Started cranking her over to bleed, all going well, seemed to take a while longer than usual though. Then she fired, sounded so lovely ... then OH waves like a demented thing from under the bonnet to cut cut cut ... what's the matter? Diesel spraying everywhere. Did I leave a pipe off? No, seems injector 2 has worked itself loose. Yes you read that right, injector, loose. About an eighth of a turn loose, too.

Anyone ever heard of an injector working itself loose? I thought those little beggars liked to weld themselves in until they had more chance of snapping off than ever giving up their burrows. I've had the car 3 years and they've not been touched in that time.

Reactions: BadBoy03

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Today I tackled a long term diesel leak. That spaghetti of braided pipes at the back of the engine bay was all wet so we started by replacing all those, thought we'd change the diesel filter while we're at it and hey why not the air filter and oil and filter too. Started cranking her over to bleed, all going well, seemed to take a while longer than usual though. Then she fired, sounded so lovely ... then OH waves like a demented thing from under the bonnet to cut cut cut ... what's the matter? Diesel spraying everywhere. Did I leave a pipe off? No, seems injector 2 has worked itself loose. Yes you read that right, injector, loose. About an eighth of a turn loose, too.

Anyone ever heard of an injector working itself loose? I thought those little beggars liked to weld themselves in until they had more chance of snapping off than ever giving up their burrows. I've had the car 3 years and they've not been touched in that time.

Are you talking about the injectors or the glow plugs that weld themselves in ??

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
boot is dry, its behind the passenger seat.

Can also leak from the hinge.
Is front all dry. Usually when fronts were it moves through to the back. As well. Does your rear wash work or is it deleted by now?

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.