Digital cockpit mods

Steveo82

Jul 23, 2018
Evening all,

I have seen numerous different layouts on the digital cockpit fitted to newer Cupra's/Seat models, my question is has anyone dabbled with VCDS or OBDeleven to see if for example, changing the country of origin can make it change the view? I really like the central rev counter/speedo but I've also seen one that has the rev counter and speedo go up the far left and right respectively, looks cool!

Steve

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
If you have virtual dash without centre speedo view then to enable this you must change cluster to new hardware version... There is not software updates to enable this...

Rocco

Jan 10, 2018
The Netherlands
Was just wondering if it would be possible to make it look like this:
virtual-cockpit-seat-arona-seat-ateca.jpg

This is the Arona layout and it was possible with the first release of the VC so I assume it is baked into the firmware?

Cupra_2019

Jan 25, 2019
That view is possible on my 2019 Copra. I may be stating the obvious but have you toggle through the views by pressing the "view" button on the steering wheel?

Steveo82

Jul 23, 2018
If you have virtual dash without centre speedo view then to enable this you must change cluster to new hardware version... There is not software updates to enable this...

No!!! That’s that plan out the window then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steveo82

Jul 23, 2018
That view is possible on my 2019 Copra. I may be stating the obvious but have you toggle through the views by pressing the "view" button on the steering wheel?

I have mate, the central or side displays are not available on my 18 plate Cupra.

Steveo82

Jul 23, 2018
Was just wondering if it would be possible to make it look like this:
virtual-cockpit-seat-arona-seat-ateca.jpg

This is the Arona layout and it was possible with the first release of the VC so I assume it is baked into the firmware?

That’s the other type I like, looks I can’t get it on my Cupra shame!

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
My Copra has that view.. and if you're wondering how he has his mileage on their, you can add things like that through settings.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
That view is only possible on digital cockpit with hardware version which end with A.
Also be carefull there is leaked FW update which can make VC broken if you try flash A version FW to unindexed VC... This is message from Facebook page "MQB-Coding & Retrofit":
Security advice!

DON'T flash your "old" SEAT/Skoda Virtual-Cockpit!

There are some leaked FPK firmwares in the web - it's true - BUT dont flash it, especially for no reason.

Unfortunately there are a lot of delivered cars without the very popular performance-clock and without carbon-skinning inside.

Just hardware with Index-A and SW from 16xx have these functions and improvements.

A FPK entry is NOT made for a flash from w/o Index to Index-A.

Why not? -> The reason is on pictures! That guy won't listen to my advice and tried it...

After > 4hrs of flashing, his Virtual-Cockpit wont show any picture. During some recovery actions it bricked fully and became a written off. There is debug functionality on board until yet.

Compatible flashs:
Softwareversion 0600 -> 0630
Softwareversion 16xx -> 17xx

DON'T try 06xx -> 16xx or 17xx = Flash of dead.

Steveo82

Jul 23, 2018
That view is only possible on digital cockpit with hardware version which end with A.
Also be carefull there is leaked FW update which can make VC broken if you try flash A version FW to unindexed VC... This is message from Facebook page "MQB-Coding & Retrofit":

Sound advice, cheers @Dejan I would like to think people don’t just get any old software/firmware off the next and plumb it into their cars, but obviously they do!

Per

Dec 19, 2017
I have mate, the central or side displays are not available on my 18 plate Cupra.

Same here - large/wide screen nav map with gear selection in bottom left and digital speed reading bottom right. Don't like that look. I tend to stick with the trad round dials with things like range or fuel economy data in the centre of each.

Reactions: Steveo82

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
I have on left side setup average consumption from car startup and on right side range until empty gasoline:

IMG_20181125_012409_resized_20190219_075315320.jpg

You can setup this in vehicle settings on page where you switch between performance view ,offroad view and one of them is for dashboard settings and you can switch what will show you on centre of dials...

Reactions: Brooster89
Feb 10, 2019
I have on left side setup average consumption from car startup and on right side range until empty gasoline:

View attachment 4785

You can setup this in vehicle settings on page where you switch between performance view ,offroad view and one of them is for dashboard settings and you can switch what will show you on centre of dials...

That's exactly how I have mine set up.

Steveo82

Jul 23, 2018

View attachment 4785

Yeah I’ve Sussed that out mate a while ago, I have compass and ASL height displayed on mine, don’t ask why but it’s useful to me!

vectra

Sep 3, 2011

View attachment 4785

On the left where you have 7.2/100
Is this since car was new or since refill of tank?
I have long term showing on mine but would like per tank, but I can't find in the options how to change it.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
On the left where you have 7.2/100
Is this since car was new or since refill of tank?
I have long term showing on mine but would like per tank, but I can't find in the options how to change it.
Bring your central section of the screen to the same information, same place you can see oil temp and speed etc.

Once you have that up it will show 'long term'. Press your scroll wheel and it will cycle through, long term, since start and since fill up. As you change that the one to the left and/or right will change accordingly too.

Last edited:
Reactions: vectra

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Bring your central section of the screen to the same information, same place you can see oil temp and speed etc.

Once you have that up it will show 'long term'. Press your scroll wheel and it will cycle through, long term, since start and since fill up. As you change that the one to the left and/or right rill change accordingly too.

That did the trick,
Thanks

Reactions: Damo H
Jul 1, 2020

View attachment 4785

Anyone know how to enable this menu in the car menu when the virtual display is retro fitted ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members