Water in the footwell

Adrian Wilkinson

Aug 27, 2018
Hi guys, I have been trying to research on where all the drain holes are located. I have water in my rear passenger footwell, the door seal looks fine but I want to check the pollen filter and any other drain holes. Can anyone point me in the right direction or show some pictures really appreciate the help. Cheers guys

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I had water in my drivers and rear passenger behind the drivers footwells. Turns out it was water seeping in from the rubber cable covers/runs between the boot and the car. Fixed that and not had the issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeres Johnny ...err Gokiwi

Okay so place that will let water in but not out
Cabin Filter
Bonnet release cable grommet
Electrical connections box
Door Seals - All 4
Boot seal above 3rd brake light
Tail lights

And parking nose first on a steep slope - that's a good one

IMG_20190209_103723.jpg IMG_20190209_110507.jpg IMG_20190209_110513.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190209_131559.jpg
    IMG_20190209_131559.jpg
    565.9 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: bigT's lcr

Adrian Wilkinson

Aug 27, 2018
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeres Johnny ...err Gokiwi

Okay so place that will let water in but not out
Cabin Filter
Bonnet release cable grommet
Electrical connections box
Door Seals - All 4
Boot seal above 3rd brake light
Tail lights

And parking nose first on a steep slope - that's a good one

View attachment 10923 View attachment 10924 View attachment 10925
Thanks for the reply, the boot area surely that won't leak I to the footwell? , I will check them out what is the picture with the black tube and the white tube that's cracked?.

andycupra

status subject to change
lost count of the number of people that say the door card seal looks fine but later found it was the culprit.
very common known issue. - not the easiest thing to fix 'properly'. one of those jobs you can bodge but time spent cleaning off the old seal and residue properly and using appropriate replacement seal is worthwhile.

if drain holes were blocked enough to cause the issue you would hear and fill the water in the bottom of the door after a downpour.

Last edited:

Adrian Wilkinson

Aug 27, 2018
I have sealed the passenger front door already removed all the door sealant and resealed it, after it has had a heavy shower the water sits on the kick plates on both the drivers side and the passenger side. I assume this is normal due to where the drains are. The rear doors show no know signs of water on the kick plates, the only bit on the car that is wet is the passenger rear [:@], Surely if its getting in from the front of the car where the cabin filter is the passenger foot well should be wet, and if the door seal is wet on the front passenger side this would also leave the front carpet wet???????????.

I appreciate your advice guys as you have already tackled these problems in the past

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I agree its a tad odd that only the rear foot well is wet , but there are various channels and holes the water can flow through so it could be possible .

You may be looking at taking the seats out on that side and folding the carpet back to trace the leak - talcum powder is your fried here or tissue paper.

Adrian Wilkinson

Aug 27, 2018
I agree its a tad odd that only the rear foot well is wet , but there are various channels and holes the water can flow through so it could be possible .

You may be looking at taking the seats out on that side and folding the carpet back to trace the leak - talcum powder is your fried here or tissue paper.

Adrian Wilkinson

Aug 27, 2018
HI guys
So over the weekend I checked the door seals and they seem fine. I poured water down the front of screen, it was pouring out of the bottom of the car at the firewall I assume that would be correct?. There is a vent or a pipe that is under the front passenger seat what is that for?. The reason why I am asking is my mat that sits directly under it was saturated the carpet was wet but not as bad?. I really stuck at the moment

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Reactions: Gokiwi64
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.