Driving in france

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Hi im starting to plan my family trip to france next year. Going newhaven-dieppe then driving to mayene. Juat wondering g if anybody has any tips (apart from driving on the right lol) are there any restrictions on modified cars. Il be getting rid of the blue lights for the trip. Worrying about the ramp to the ferry. Maybe il have to remove the splitter?
Cheers

Reactions: Yellow fr

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I was wondering about boarding a ferry too as I’m so low but I think it must be accommodated for.
Thinking back to the days we went to Le Mans. There were plenty of modded cars. Also all the Brit cars that do the green hell. Have to get there somehow.
I know in Spain you must have triangle and high viz for all passengers and driver as a minimum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
What they may do is put you with the trucks on the ferry so you dont go in the below deck level, thats where the real issues are as the ramsp are quite severe and there are raised bits and bobs. Normally the ferry crew can see a lowered car coming and will help you to avoid damaging your car.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
What they may do is put you with the trucks on the ferry so you dont go in the below deck level, thats where the real issues are as the ramsp are quite severe and there are raised bits and bobs. Normally the ferry crew can see a lowered car coming and will help you to avoid damaging your car.
Ah thats a worry off my mind, thought i was going to have to bring a selection of wooden planks lol

Reactions: Legojon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ah thats a worry off my mind, thought i was going to have to bring a selection of wooden planks lol

e3e31ef5d8443c9c665077346b50f8b8_crop_north.jpg

Reactions: Yellow fr

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
Be careful when driving - French police are clamping down on speeding a lot these days, and they also use private companies in anonymous cars to check speed (and phone use, distance to car in front etc). These get paid by result, and I have heard unconfirmed rumours they are not "sollicitating" behaviour which can be fined.

As I probably don't have to tell you, a modded car will attract even more attention you don't need. Make sure your papers are OK, especially the paperwork for any suspension mods you have done.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Be careful when driving - French police are clamping down on speeding a lot these days, and they also use private companies in anonymous cars to check speed (and phone use, distance to car in front etc). These get paid by result, and I have heard unconfirmed rumours they are not "sollicitating" behaviour which can be fined.

As I probably don't have to tell you, a modded car will attract even more attention you don't need. Make sure your papers are OK, especially the paperwork for any suspension mods you have done.
Do they have any restrictions on mods? Suspension is standard

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
No idea about restrictions, but they don't like fast cars - or cars that look fast. When we go to Strassbourg we take the long way round, through Germany, due to the overzealous police in France.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
No idea about restrictions, but they don't like fast cars - or cars that look fast. When we go to Strassbourg we take the long way round, through Germany, due to the overzealous police in France.
Cheers for the info mate

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members