FL 1.6Tdi CR - MPG dropped recently

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
I know dervs usually worse in the colder weather but noticed a significant drop in MPG on my 1.6TDi (CAYC) mk2 recently.

Still starts fine though I get a bit of a smell on cold start now (similar to the smell when on regen)... no running issues, gets up to temp fine, pulls hard (it's on a stage 1 remap also), regens are all ok (oil ash residue is 52% currently don't think there's any DPF issues/blockage) and all the fluids seem ok, possibly it's lost a drop of oil since last service a couple of months ago (just about to tip over to 90k)

Wondering if anyone has had simiar at all? I was wondering if it could be possibly start of some EGR valve/cooler issues? Or maybe something else.

Either way it's booked to go over to Darkside Developments next week for them to take a look but just wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

hilly81

Apr 28, 2014
Little Sutton
I know dervs usually worse in the colder weather but noticed a significant drop in MPG on my 1.6TDi (CAYC) mk2 recently.

Still starts fine though I get a bit of a smell on cold start now (similar to the smell when on regen)... no running issues, gets up to temp fine, pulls hard (it's on a stage 1 remap also), regens are all ok (oil ash residue is 52% currently don't think there's any DPF issues/blockage) and all the fluids seem ok, possibly it's lost a drop of oil since last service a couple of months ago (just about to tip over to 90k)

Wondering if anyone has had simiar at all? I was wondering if it could be possibly start of some EGR valve/cooler issues? Or maybe something else.

Either way it's booked to go over to Darkside Developments next week for them to take a look but just wondering if anyone had any thoughts.
The temperature and winter Derv probably.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
If it's been mapped then did they not map the EGR out so it stays permanently shut?

Have you checked for any signs of boost leaks?

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
If it's been mapped then did they not map the EGR out so it stays permanently shut?

Have you checked for any signs of boost leaks?

No didn't map out the EGR as if you remove the EGR then it causes the DPF to clog up more which is obviously bad news.

Boost leaks was another thought but then I thought I'd notice a distinct loss in power then also which I don't seem to have - might take a look just in case though..

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Isn't the DPF less prone to clogging up with the EGR mapped out?

See below: - not sure if this is more full removal tbh they may have mapped out some of the EGR function but I don't think DPF is my issue. Oil ash residue is at 52% and I regen every 400ish miles.

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/egr-removal-delete/
Please Note:

The EGR Valve should NOT be removed on vehicles that still have the DPF Filter in place, doing so may block the DPF as the EGR Valve operation is a prerequisite for DPF Regeneration

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.