Cupra been whacked

Cupra Russ

Dec 7, 2018
Hi all,

Hope you're all doing well.

It's been a while since I've posted. I've been really enjoying the Cupra, coming up to 7,000 miles now and sounding lovely. Annoyingly, I noticed some damage the other day on the passenger side where the front bumper meets the wing and there's a chip taken out of the the wheel. Started driving it and noticed the steering wheel is off centre and a whiring noise like a shot wheel bearing.

I've had the tracking done and just had the bearing (the hub) replaced, it's definitely better but the whiring noise is still there slightly. It's so annoying and I'm down £220 so far without even looking at the bodywork! Any ideas what else could be causing it? It's a lease car and I've got intentions of handing back in Jan/Feb so buy my own car again but it would be nice to get to the bottom of it?

Typically, no note left or anything like that, just a hit and run. I'm glad I believe in karma....

Cheers,

Russ

CUPRoAr

Oct 7, 2017
I would check your brakes next, make sure the shield isn't contacting the disc too. Have you had the tyre off to make sure there is no bulge from the impact?

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
Your wheel could be buckled from the impact, less likely would be a flat spot on the tyre.

The cheapest thing you could do is have the wheel balanced? The impact may have knocked the weight off. Worth a go to eliminate that possibility.

Cupra Russ

Dec 7, 2018
Thanks very much for the replies chaps.

I'm going to take it back to the garage tomorrow to get them to check the brakes and wheel balance. I've had a good look at the tyre from the outside anyway and that seems fine.

There's no juder from the steering wheel but somethings causing the droning noise. Slightly bent driveshaft perhaps? It's so annoying knowing that I've wasted that £170 having the bearing done. Sigh....

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
These kind of noises or vibrations are always hard to pin point, it could be so many things, best thing to do is start with the cheapest options and hope you strike lucky.

Hopefully you find what it is asap.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.