all wheel alignment

Nov 15, 2019
I have a 2018 ST Cupra which needs all wheel alignment. Its been checked on a Hawkeye and the front and one rear definitely needs adjusting. I have tried numerous tyre places, aftermarket businesses, VAG group dealers and they all say they can't do it as the car has the ADAS nanny state safety software on and additional software is needed on the alignment systems to allow the technicians to re-set any errors the alignment creates. The dealer I use has admitted that they have to outsource the alignment but won't tell me who they use. They want me to take the car in so they can then take it somewhere else. Can anyone help me with any companies that can do this. I am north midlands but am willing to travel.

Thanks

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Quite a few owners over on VWROC.com have had the alignment on their Golf R checked and adjusted without issue by places that use Hunter alignment equipment. I think the Hawkeye Alignment equipment is actually a Hunter machine, so I’m surprised you’ve been told by the places you’ve been to that they can’t carry out the necessary adjustments. I’m assuming the drivetrain and suspension set up is similar between the mk7 / mk7.5 Golf R and the Leon Cupra and that the Golf R has the same or similar ADAS nanny state software.

It might be worth phoning a few of the Hunter approved Alignment Centres near to you to see if they can help. Link to Align My Car website below, where you can search for Hunter approved alignment centres in your area.

https://www.alignmycar.co.uk/

Reactions: Crampzilla

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I’ve recently had 4 wheel alignment completed on my ST Cupra using ‘super tracker’ system. It took 3 attempts due to the fact that the operator couldn’t find the correct chassis settings. I also printed off copies of the technical publications to show them how adjustments other than tow could be made, as initially I was informed that camber could not be adjusted - it’s a PITA on the front because it requires subframe adjustment.

OP, wherever you get it done make sure they have the right spec for the car in the calibration software so that the correct geometry can be set, i.e. G12 (suspension setting for Cupra on QR sticker), Dynamic Chassis Control. In addition, it states in the VAG/Seat technical publications, that if the rear tow is adjusted, then the lane departure camera should be recalibrated. The only VAG dealer in my local area that had the equipment was the Audi franchise and wanted £180 for 4 wheel alignment and camera calibration.

Link to the workshop manuals is here - look for the running gear that corresponds to your vehicle ie. SC/5 Dr/ST:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/leon-mk3-official-seat-workshop-manuals-link.442353/

Use this link - repair group 44 is the section that you want for the ST:

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1dgnHo64ydbZCJAbMFThENnl4oWbTVsVa?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019
Quite a few owners over on VWROC.com have had the alignment on their Golf R checked and adjusted without issue by places that use Hunter alignment equipment. I think the Hawkeye Alignment equipment is actually a Hunter machine, so I’m surprised you’ve been told by the places you’ve been to that they can’t carry out the necessary adjustments. I’m assuming the drivetrain and suspension set up is similar between the mk7 / mk7.5 Golf R and the Leon Cupra and that the Golf R has the same or similar ADAS nanny state software.

It might be worth phoning a few of the Hunter approved Alignment Centres near to you to see if they can help. Link to Align My Car website below, where you can search for Hunter approved alignment centres in your area.

https://www.alignmycar.co.uk/
Thanks for responding. I had no idea a wheel alignment would be this difficult. I have tried a couple of VW dealers and they don't have the SEAT version of the software needed to readjust the software on the car. I have tried a number of Hunter centres, apparently it costs an additional £15k to get software upgrades to deal with the sensors fitted to the cars with additional costs every time Hunter release an upgrade. Most have said they are thinking about it but not planning to upgrade until later next year. Thank you for the link. It is very useful.

Nov 15, 2019
I’ve recently had 4 wheel alignment completed on my ST Cupra using ‘super tracker’ system. It took 3 attempts due to the fact that the operator couldn’t find the correct chassis settings. I also printed off copies of the technical publications to show them how adjustments other than tow could be made, as initially I was informed that camber could not be adjusted - it’s a PITA on the front because it requires subframe adjustment.

OP, wherever you get it done make sure they have the right spec for the car in the calibration software so that the correct geometry can be set, i.e. G12 (suspension setting for Cupra on QR sticker), Dynamic Chassis Control. In addition, it states in the VAG/Seat technical publications, that if the rear tow is adjusted, then the lane departure camera should be recalibrated. The only VAG dealer in my local area that had the equipment was the Audi franchise and wanted £180 for 4 wheel alignment and camera calibration.

Link to the workshop manuals is here - look for the running gear that corresponds to your vehicle ie. SC/5 Dr/ST:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/leon-mk3-official-seat-workshop-manuals-link.442353/

Use this link - repair group 44 is the section that you want for the ST:

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1dgnHo64ydbZCJAbMFThENnl4oWbTVsVa?usp=sharing
thank you very much for all the info, it is very helpful. I have not come across 'super tracker' so I will see what the ones closest to me say. Its definitely the adjustment on the rear that's causing the issue. Who knew it would be so hard to sort out (or so costly). Thanks again

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise