Springs.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
does anyone know if standard cupra springs would fit a 1.6tdi diesel ST and if so what would it lower it by?
Depends if you have the independent rear suspension or not. If you do they’ll fit and lower by about 15mm.

But I wouldn’t recommend it. The Cupra springs are calibrated to the weight of the Cupra, which also has the Dynamic Chassis Control, which is adjustable dampeners/shocks.

If you want a modest drop, you’re better off getting Eibach Pro springs. Will lower more than the Cupra springs but will be setup for the weight of the car.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Depends if you have the independent rear suspension or not. If you do they’ll fit and lower by about 15mm.

But I wouldn’t recommend it. The Cupra springs are calibrated to the weight of the Cupra, which also has the Dynamic Chassis Control, which is adjustable dampeners/shocks.

If you want a modest drop, you’re better off getting Eibach Pro springs. Will lower more than the Cupra springs but will be setup for the weight of the car.

As a rule of thumb, any Leon Mk3 that is 150 ps or less will have torsion bar rear suspension set up.

Reactions: Damo H
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.