Anyone used Ferodo pads with the 370 mm Brembos?

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
As per the title, I'm wondering if anyone has tried the 2500 or 3000 compound Ferodo pads for the 370 performance pack Brembos?

I've switched to Tarox pads, with the aim of conserving the discs (the metal cores in the Brembo pads cause hot spots & destroy the discs, assumed to be an intentional flaw designed in to the setup to increase sales), but am curious as to how the Ferodo equivalent performs for the next time round?

Cheers in advance for any info.

MH0

Aug 7, 2019
As per the title, I'm wondering if anyone has tried the 2500 or 3000 compound Ferodo pads for the 370 performance pack Brembos?

I've switched to Tarox pads, with the aim of conserving the discs (the metal cores in the Brembo pads cause hot spots & destroy the discs, assumed to be an intentional flaw designed in to the setup to increase sales), but am curious as to how the Ferodo equivalent performs for the next time round?

By any chance do you have a link to the ferodo ds2500 for the sub 8 pack because I am struggling to find them for the 370mm disk and my pads are extremely worn that I am unable to drive

DrEv1l

Mar 17, 2017

I've been using EBC redstuff pads add I had lots of warping issues with the stock pads and the brembo discs. I have not tried the Ferodos as the red stuff gave me much better peddle feel and so far have not warped the discs.

MH0

Aug 7, 2019
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CUFJDDI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DS2500 are alittle harsh for fast road use

The DS performance are ideal and having run them now on my Carbon Edition can report 0% fade better brake bite and positive pedal feel and less dust
I saw these brakes, are they compatible for the sub 8 pack?

I ordered these hoping that these are right. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brake-Fero...7GT00KXZAP8&psc=1&refRID=D4CAA4CRD7GT00KXZAP8

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
How they work when they are very cold if compare to OEM? Also when outside temp is below 0°C and you normaly drive car do they work ok? For me has OEM work ok, never get fadeout(So Im not push them hard) and brake very good but because they are worn out need replacement which will not damage discs(rotors) and still brake same as original ones...

silky16v

#VagDoctor
Jan 26, 2017
How they work when they are very cold if compare to OEM? Also when outside temp is below 0°C and you normaly drive car do they work ok? For me has OEM work ok, never get fadeout(So Im not push them hard) and brake very good but because they are worn out need replacement which will not damage discs(rotors) and still brake same as original ones...

they work perfectly fine, the OEM pad is too hard and overheats very quickly these don’t suffer that issue

Reactions: _Dejan_

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
One question about this Ferodo FDS1334 DS Perfoamce brake pads ... They are build for different cars(Alfa, Lancia, Audi...) does all of them use same connector for sensors? Or ho I will know that they came with compatible wear sensor?
Any other recommended store here I can buy them instead amazon(Usualy shipping to our country is not possible)?

MH0

Aug 7, 2019
they work perfectly fine, the OEM pad is too hard and overheats very quickly these don’t suffer that issue
Questionable... For me the Ferodo pads feel decent. When having to brake quite sharply, I feel as if you have to put your food down more than you did with the OEM pads. Don't get me wrong, when daily driving and you press down on the brakes. They are extremely sharp but when driving fast and applying the brakes. I dont feel very confident that the cars going to stop in time. That's just my experience though, not sure if the brakes need warming up to make them more effective?

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
Today Im receive FDS1334 pads and looks like they are not compatible for Cupra...
If you check my pictures on second picture is new OEM sensor which have only one connector and two wear "pads" first for one brake pad and second for another brake pad. On first picture you can see new brake pads and two of them have cables with connectors.

Looks like I will need return them and go for some another brake pads...

Attachments

• IMG_20191116_130834_resized_20191116_020144733.jpg
    IMG_20191116_130834_resized_20191116_020144733.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20191116_130713_resized_20191116_020143793.jpg
    IMG_20191116_130713_resized_20191116_020143793.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 98

silky16v

#VagDoctor
Jan 26, 2017
Today Im receive FDS1334 pads and looks like they are not compatible for Cupra...
If you check my pictures on second picture is new OEM sensor which have only one connector and two wear "pads" first for one brake pad and second for another brake pad. On first picture you can see new brake pads and two of them have cables with connectors.

Looks like I will need return them and go for some another brake pads...
just cut the connector you don't need both sides

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
As Im write they are not compatible. There is no way to connect sensor from one or two brake pads to original plug. Brake pad have one wire but OEM connector need two wires. Probably another "wire"/contact go by calipers but VAG do not work that way... If you don't need sensors they are ok because you can cut both wires, make bridge plug from original brake pads sensor connector and use them without sensor otherwise you cant use them... I will return them and buy another brand...
Also is normal that OEM pads last only 30k km? I have been little shocked when after one year and half I get warning light and I didn't do any track days... On previous car I have original brakes for 100k km but has not be brembo calipers :)

Attachments

• IMG_20191117_112118_resized_20191117_033833340.jpg
    IMG_20191117_112118_resized_20191117_033833340.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 44

silky16v

#VagDoctor
Jan 26, 2017
As Im write they are not compatible. There is no way to connect sensor from one or two brake pads to original plug. Brake pad have one wire but OEM connector need two wires. Probably another "wire"/contact go by calipers but VAG do not work that way... If you don't need sensors they are ok because you can cut both wires, make bridge plug from original brake pads sensor connector and use them without sensor otherwise you cant use them... I will return them and buy another brand...
Also is normal that OEM pads last only 30k km? I have been little shocked when after one year and half I get warning light and I didn't do any track days... On previous car I have original brakes for 100k km but has not be brembo calipers :)

to be honest there is nothing wrong with the pads they fit the calipers perfectly the pad warning light can be made to work with the OEM wiring or just plug the wire in and don’t attach to the pads and visually check them every 6months
They are motorsport derived brake pads so they aren’t going to make the warning sensor fit every model of vehicle fitted with brembo calipers
It really isn’t a issue the pads fit the application they are made for just the sensor that needs modified and my own case I didn’t bother with the sensor at all and will just keep an eye on pad wear (and I keep the original OEM pads in the box in the boot of the car as it’s a 15mins the swap them back if needs be)

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
Yes they probably fit to calipers but Im not talk about mechanical fitment... They are Street pads, R90 Homologated and car need to be street legal there is no way to use this pads on Cupra or TTRS. Probably connector and wiring fit some other brand(Alfa, Lancia, Subaru, Renault...) but not VAG cars. VAG cars normaly have 2 wire sensor connection but FDS1334 have only onw wire. Probably there is way to use them and rewire sensor by soldering another wire to steel on back or side but I think this will not last long enought...
People who will not connect wear sensor will probably for very small difference in price go for DS2500 pads but others which look for replacement for OEM brake pads which are preoblematic(To much steel inside and warping discs) can't go with FDS1334! I don't know why ferodo didn't make place where we can plug original wear sensor...
Im alredy decided to return them and go with some other ones(Probably Tarox Strada) which are designed to use with wear sensor...

silky16v

#VagDoctor
Jan 26, 2017
Yes they probably fit to calipers but Im not talk about mechanical fitment... They are Street pads, R90 Homologated and car need to be street legal there is no way to use this pads on Cupra or TTRS. Probably connector and wiring fit some other brand(Alfa, Lancia, Subaru, Renault...) but not VAG cars. VAG cars normaly have 2 wire sensor connection but FDS1334 have only onw wire. Probably there is way to use them and rewire sensor by soldering another wire to steel on back or side but I think this will not last long enought...
People who will not connect wear sensor will probably for very small difference in price go for DS2500 pads but others which look for replacement for OEM brake pads which are preoblematic(To much steel inside and warping discs) can't go with FDS1334! I don't know why ferodo didn't make place where we can plug original wear sensor...
Im alredy decided to return them and go with some other ones(Probably Tarox Strada) which are designed to use with wear sensor...

:banghead2:banghead2:banghead2:banghead2:banghead2

Reactions: TheSwede

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018

Problem is that you write wrong information on forum on another thread where I explicit ask for pads WITH wear sensor for Cupra and yes they have them but not useable for VAG group. Wire which go from pads have only one wire and one pin and VAG's have 2 wires and 2 pins. In one of my previous post Im upload picture of VAG connector. And here is connector which came with that pads(only one wire/pin).
I just want to warn other users which would like keep wear warning and not every few months look pads that go away from that pads...

Attachments

• IMG_20191117_110038_resized_20191117_054251851.jpg
    IMG_20191117_110038_resized_20191117_054251851.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 47

silky16v

#VagDoctor
Jan 26, 2017
Problem is that you write wrong information on forum on another thread where I explicit ask for pads WITH wear sensor for Cupra and yes they have them but not useable for VAG group. Wire which go from pads have only one wire and one pin and VAG's have 2 wires and 2 pins. In one of my previous post Im upload picture of VAG connector. And here is connector which came with that pads(only one wire/pin).
I just want to warn other users which would like keep wear warning and not every few months look pads that go away from that pads...

It’s work for VAG you have to adapt it takes 5mins I knew before buying the Ferodo pads they don’t do a VAG connector

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018

Hi

Looking for new pads for mine at the moment and wondered how you got on with the Tarox pads? Were you dissatisfied with them hence thinking of changing to Ferodo pads next?

Thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise