Boot struts

Cupra300Jay

Apr 1, 2019
Anyone else boots structs rubbish?

open the boot and there is no force to actually open the boot.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
yeah mines are the same

originally they were okay but a year later the boot only half opens and you bang your head on it everytime

another rubbish SEAT quality issue (which there are many)

Cupra300Jay

Apr 1, 2019
same here,

i have got mine in the workshop now as not impressed.

caught my face on them a few times

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
same here,

i have got mine in the workshop now as not impressed.

caught my face on them a few times
as mine is leased the local SEAT garage are not interested plus the service manager is an absolute a-wipe. I have other issues that he is also not interest in

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Today I cut my head on the boot lip as they did not raise the boot lid fully, can the cold weather have an effect on their ability? I'm sure they were fine the other day.

Need tp pay more attention in future and make sure the lid is fully up before ducking in, plonker.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Today I cut my head on the boot lip as they did not raise the boot lid fully, can the cold weather have an effect on their ability? I'm sure they were fine the other day.

Need tp pay more attention in future and make sure the lid is fully up before ducking in, plonker.
The cold weather does have an effect, also the struts do get weaker with time, you could try lubricating the pistons with silicone or PTFE spray.

Reactions: RUM4MO

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
I had mine changed under warranty a couple of years ago. New ones are no better!! First time I took it in was this time of year and they blamed the cold weather, so took it back in summer. Think the only way to improve it is to upgrade to the stronger type that open the boot, but then they are harder to close.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I also keep banging my head - fortunately its not the sharp tailgate edge. Cold weather definitely makes the lift strength worse.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise