LCR Suspension

Mike1989

Jul 30, 2017
Milton Keynes
Hi all, I am looking to buy a lowering suspension kit for my 2005 Cupra R. I want to buy shocks and springs and dont really want coil overs as I want a smoother ride, can anyone recommend a decent shock and spring kit that doesn't break the bank too much. I bought a Vogtland kit 35mm lowering all round however it was incorrect so have to return it Any advice would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Hi mate try dpmperformance, he knows his stuff he helped me, I was going buy bilstein b12 shocks as I too wanted a better ride quality so he personally advised on kw shocks as I lowered springs already and they are great has made a big difference and my passengers think so too I'd advise replacing your top mounts while your at it but the kw kit on his site is 450 all I I think but talk to him bud.

Mike1989

Jul 30, 2017
Milton Keynes
Hi mate try dpmperformance, he knows his stuff he helped me, I was going buy bilstein b12 shocks as I too wanted a better ride quality so he personally advised on kw shocks as I lowered springs already and they are great has made a big difference and my passengers think so too I'd advise replacing your top mounts while your at it but the kw kit on his site is 450 all I I think but talk to him bud.
Thanks bud I shall give him a call and check ot out much appreciated

andycupra

status subject to change
bilsteins would be great.
are you fitting yourself? or paying someone - once you factor in fitting cost and geometry adjustments afterwards it is a shame you go cheap on the parts when a significant amount is labour. another £100 on your budget should give you a noticeable step up in quality and performance.

and while you have not talked about this, upgrading the front ARB and adding a rear is fantastic.

Mike1989

Jul 30, 2017
Milton Keynes
bilsteins would be great.
are you fitting yourself? or paying someone - once you factor in fitting cost and geometry adjustments afterwards it is a shame you go cheap on the parts when a significant amount is labour. another £100 on your budget should give you a noticeable step up in quality and performance.

and while you have not talked about this, upgrading the front ARB and adding a rear is fantastic.
I'm a tech so ill fit myself...I wont buy totally cheap ones I just dont want to break the bank too much I've heard the bilstein kits are great so may consider getting it...as for the ARB set up that's on the list too thanks for the advice mate

Mike1989

Jul 30, 2017
Milton Keynes
get an adjustable/multi position rear ARB if you like tuning the handling.
will do mate..I'm looking for a even blend of performance and comfort to be honest..I fond the ride on standard suspension is rough and hard..i can feel every bump and pot while no matter how small

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Yeah I totally agree with the lads above and I was prepared to pay the extra but very happy still with my set up, I do as said have updated front arb and whitelines rear arb and fitted myself with my dad was great fun the fron arb Not lol, but the whole package for handling and directness is spot on.

Reactions: Mike1989
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members