Leon CUPRA R ST – now in importer stock

Cupra300Jay

Apr 1, 2019
Update 13 November: Last remaining ST R units now available to take from importer stock. The Leon CUPRA R ST is now available in the following colours:

• Midnight Black – 19 remaining
  • Nevada White – 20 remaining
  • Magnetic Tech Grey – 17 remaining

Following the recent global press unveil of the Leon CUPRA R ST, we are pleased to announce that 150 units will be coming to the UK market. The details of this exclusive limited edition can be found below.

We have received final technical information for the CUPRA R ST ABT power upgrade. It has been confirmed that the ABT pack will deliver +50PS, taking the car to 350PS overall and 440nm (324 ft lb) of torque compared to 370PS previously communicated. The pack price will remain at £500. This kit is currently available for new car special editions only and not as an aftermarket retrofit.

Get them while you can

Marko70

Jul 6, 2019
would be interesting to know how many of each colour has made it's way to the UK...

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Update 13 November: Last remaining ST R units now available to take from importer stock. The Leon CUPRA R ST is now available in the following colours:

• Midnight Black – 19 remaining
  • Nevada White – 20 remaining
  • Magnetic Tech Grey – 17 remaining

Following the recent global press unveil of the Leon CUPRA R ST, we are pleased to announce that 150 units will be coming to the UK market. The details of this exclusive limited edition can be found below.

We have received final technical information for the CUPRA R ST ABT power upgrade. It has been confirmed that the ABT pack will deliver +50PS, taking the car to 350PS overall and 440nm (324 ft lb) of torque compared to 370PS previously communicated. The pack price will remain at £500. This kit is currently available for new car special editions only and not as an aftermarket retrofit.

Get them while you can

Is this current or old news?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I didn't thing the ST version of the R was limited?

Technically it isn’t, but there are two things to consider: 1) Demand; 2) New EU CO2 emissions regulations that come into force from 2020 (where manufacturers have to achieve 95% compliance vs 95g/km average CO2 targets, and 100% compliance in 2021) - not quite straight forward as the average varies between manufacturer depending on total number of sales/average size of car etc.

Now call me a cynic - does it not seem strange that the Cupra brand has been separated from SEAT and loads of the concept Cupra cars are electric or hybrids?

Attachments

• D1B48D5C-BA12-4FA5-844D-DDE0695AE1E5.jpeg
    D1B48D5C-BA12-4FA5-844D-DDE0695AE1E5.jpeg
    450.6 KB · Views: 104

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Technically it isn’t, but there are two things to consider: 1) Demand; 2) New EU CO2 emissions regulations that come into force from 2020 (where manufacturers have to achieve 95% compliance vs 95g/km average CO2 targets, and 100% compliance in 2021) - not quite straight forward as the average varies between manufacturer depending on total number of sales/average size of car etc.

Now call me a cynic - does it not seem strange that the Cupra brand has been separated from SEAT and loads of the concept Cupra cars are electric or hybrids?
You have a point. I've also read articles that say Cupra may replace SEAT as a brand to help with the VAG identity crisis. It will cease to be the sports branding it used to be.

Stephenator280

Nov 5, 2017
They’ve just started running one (with the abt ECU mod) on the EVO fast fleet. Would be interesting to see what they make of it as they have run a few Cupras (280 sub8?, 280 st, 300 4drive and ateca) in the past iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ken H

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
Still a few available then. I am surprised how many of the first blackness grey ones there are on autotrader. Are they just too expensive ? Much like the carbon editions were when first released.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Yeah I’d say they are just too expensive for most people to consider... although you get a lot of car for the money.

My local Cupra dealer got 2 Blackness Greys in June, I bought one and they still haven’t sold the other one 5 months later !!!!!!

Reactions: beddin90

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Yeah I’d say they are just too expensive for most people to consider... although you get a lot of car for the money.

My local Cupra dealer got 2 Blackness Greys in June, I bought one and they still haven’t sold the other one 5 months later !!!!!!

Which dealer ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Seat Norwich did me a good deal on a Carbon a year ago,£6k off list.
Good time to go in with a low offer.
The other thing is that the ABT ones will be desirable,without it,less so.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.