MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
It prevents anyone gripping the wheel as it spins around. Also has a locking bar which would foul the dash/console/leg if they zip tied the fucker in place. Most thieves will move on knowing you have one installed.

So Disklock, Stoplock or Milenco? Which don't hurt the cupra steering wheel?

ramsayn

Aug 26, 2019
Just off the phone. They are claiming the dealer hasn’t provided them with a delivery slot. Had enough, raised a formal complaint and if it isn’t resolved to my satisfaction I’ll be taking it to their industry body. Not their fault Seat took a while to build them or get it out of the port but it’s now been sitting at the dealer for 2 weeks and that is down to them.
I have a delivery date, at long last, early Xmas present on 29/11. The final countdown can now start, 10 sleeps to go :bounce:

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
Diskloks are ok they don’t damage the steering wheel they have a soft inner lining. I’ve got one on my focus st used it for nearly 3 years hasn’t damaged anything, although storing it when you aren’t using it is a pain as it’s a big lump of metal

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
Also got confirmed bw of 48 for my Lux hatch. Hope it will make it before the new year but I have my doubts

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Seems like agg,at least the ghost is just pressing buttons.

There about £134 as well so half ghost almost,think I will stick with ghost and good home security

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Seems like agg,at least the ghost is just pressing buttons.

There about £134 as well so half ghost almost,think I will stick with ghost and good home security

Or something like this might deter them?

MONOJOY Car Steering Wheel Locks, Retractable Car Lock Universal Vehicle Truck SUV Auto Lock Anti-Theft Locking Clamp Heavy Duty Safety Hammer Handy Tool With Emergency Hammer Window Breaker https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07M99ZVMT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_10e1DbM8S9RWQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
Whole point is to deter though, to prevent it happening in the first place. Ghost only works once they’ve found a way in to your car which is normally by going through your door for the keys or smashing a window both of which come with repair bills! I got my Disklok off gumtree brand new £70 with all 3 spare keys - try gumtree or ebay

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Just placed my order for a 290 DSG, coming from a 2005 BMW Z4 so very, very different but similar performance. Fancy something newer after having the BMW for nearly 3 years (expect it will be 3 years by the time the Cupra is delivered, 14 week minimum delivery time quoted).

Quite excited in a way to have a modern motor for the first time in a long time, albeit having a 2 seater drop top was fantastic fun. A bit of optional comfort and less road noise would be nice now!

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Whole point is to deter though, to prevent it happening in the first place. Ghost only works once they’ve found a way in to your car which is normally by going through your door for the keys or smashing a window both of which come with repair bills! I got my Disklok off gumtree brand new £70 with all 3 spare keys - try gumtree or ebay
If they are willing to do that,they would be willing to do the same and force entry for the key to the disklok though.

I can’t see anyone ever trying to grind it off so they know it needs a key.

next decision is get in House and find key

if they can’t find it threaten the occupants

ultimately I would say same outcome

thing is if they are ready to burgle you’re house they are organised and not just someone looking to smash and grab.

it will be car for order or to use in a bigger crime and therefore the car is required and if they choose yours they choose yours.

I have deterrents on my house with cameras and alarm so hopefully that is enough,if they get keys and it don’t start then hopefully there would be no damage and they give up.

I guess it’s a lot of what ifs and best solution is to have it all

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
What size disklok is required for the Cupra

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019

Agreed. Get a Disklok. And use it religiously

Here she is. Ghosted and diskloked - view from IR Ring cam.

3c32781bede2267a486bbd9adb7296b5.jpg

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I got confirmation yesterday, Build week 50, delivery mid to late January. Seems like my car is being built same week as at least three people on here.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.