replacing Pollen Filter, could this be the cause of more condensation?

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
basically my ibiza 2012 windows take forever to clear. I have read about replacing the pollen filter. My guess is it might not have been replaced and could be the cause of the stopping more air getting through to help clear the windscreen?

anyone just done this to help clear their windscreen? was it a simple and effective way of getting the air flow back to normal?

seen a few threads via google but no outcome of the person saying its worked or not. Seen its only a few quid for one too which is a bonus.

Just need to know which is the correct one for my car, I have a 62 plate ibiza fr 1.2 tsi

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Maybe try looking on the Mann filters website, that should give you the Mann part number - which is what VW Group tend to use, and it will also have a guide on how to change it.

Tip, don't look upwards when removing it or you will get dust in your eyes.

Check/order via ECP.

Edit:- no guarantee that this will sort out the windscreen issue, but it might if its very old and chocked.

Reactions: Wilkesy

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Foggy windows are made worse by not being perfectly clean. on the inside. There may also be moisture ingress into the car, get a cheap dehumidifier box in there, they're a couple of quid. Finally always use AC to demist, it drys the air before blowing it into the car.

Crossthreaded

Apr 16, 2019
Not strictly related to your misting up problems but it's a good idea to check and replace the pollen filter on a regular basis because most heater systems have a multi speed fan, the slower speeds being obtained by switching in a resistance which gets quite hot, especially on the slowest speed. Failure of these resistors due to overheating is very common. Most have this resistor situated in the air flow from the heater fan itself so if your pollen/cabin filter is blocked to any extent the resistor is going to run hotter than it is designed to do which will reduce it's service life!

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
Hello Wilkesy,

the OEM part number I think is 6R0 820 367
for the pollen filter.

The pollen filter is on the left side under dash on UK models, it's held in place by a plastic guide cover with 2 plastic locking clips that slide in towards the centre of guide cover, which then releases the cover to allow the pollen filter to drop out.

The plastic guide cover with plastic locking clips comes as a kit I believe
Part number 6Q0 819 422A
Just for future reference in case you or others need replacements.

Check how powerful the fan blows on all 4 speeds, and check that the direction dial works for all positions, but especially for the front windscreen, if you can't feel much airflow from heater blower then either the position flap to clear screen is closed, or like what others have mentioned your pollen filter could be clogged up especially if it hasn't been changed in 5 or 6 years.
It would have to be seriously clogged solid or even be damp with mould for it to almost stop airflow from fan blower.
Also check that your temperature dial for heater is working correctly, as that can result in problems clearing screen if the flap isn't working, causing cold or lukewarm air to flow through.

Hope this helps
Si