Reg plate lights

Aug 25, 2019
Hello,

So, some idiot decided to steal my reg plate lights by cutting them off and cutting the connector at the end of the cable. I've never really dealt with situations like this, so I am looking for some help as I do not know what to do haha. I know that I will have to buy new lights but what do I do with the cable? I cannot connect the lights because the connector at the end of the cable is missing. Is it possible to buy replacement cables or, maybe just the connectors? Or maybe some lights come with double sided connectors?

If anyone had a similar situation or knows what I should buy to get everything fixed, then could I please have some links to the correct parts or at least their names?

Car model is Seat Leon MK1 1.6L

Thanks.

3.jpg

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I have spare lights and may even have a spare loom as well.
I'll try and check later on, if not remind me tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

SteveWM

Jul 12, 2016
West Midalnds
Using some second hand lights and a donor loom you should be able to replace as it came from the factory, you could also modify the donor loom and solder/heat shrink onto the end in your hand. Might save you removing the bumper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
There really is no need to remove the rear bumper to repair this.
The loom passes through a grommet behind the bumper into the boot space and can be easily spliced and hidden behind the trim panel.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: mty12345

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
Replaced a number plate light a few months ago. Got it from Euro Car Parts for less than £10.
The clip on the wiring loom plug broke and it's now held together with a load of electrical tape.

If it was me I'd get a replace light fitting and stick the wires into the fitting and use heatsink/electrical tape to secure it.
There's not large current going through and the joint won't be pulled apart once the light is in place.

Reactions: iammooks
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise