MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Hopefully mine gets on then as build week 48 which is week commencing monday
I’m with you I’m crossing everything possible that they push through a few to get them before Jan

if it’s mid January I half want to wait till March for new plate as it will depreciate the car straight away and only having it a month before new plates come out !!

Reactions: LevoForest and BS1

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
So I've had a call from Seat CS this morning. With the car been in the compound at port in Barcelona for the last 5 weeks, everyone (Seat CS, DM Keith and MotorSource) were adamant that it would be put on the Pegasus Ace which left for the UK this morning. And guess what …………. It hasn't. It's still at the port in Barcelona.

Time to now cancel this order as I've had enough of this shite now. No confidence in Seat. No confidence the car will ever get to the UK. No confidence the car is even built and Seat are just fobbing me off.

Reactions: Metaliban

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
So I've had a call from Seat CS this morning. With the car been in the compound at port in Barcelona for the last 5 weeks, everyone (Seat CS, DM Keith and MotorSource) were adamant that it would be put on the Pegasus Ace which left for the UK this morning. And guess what …………. It hasn't. It's still at the port in Barcelona.

Time to now cancel this order as I've had enough of this shite now. No confidence in Seat. No confidence the car will ever get to the UK. No confidence the car is even built and Seat are just fobbing me off.
That is ridiculous, what a shower Seat are. [:@]

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge

Let us know wat they say to that.

Motorinfinity are offering exclusive discounts on Mercedes at the moment... For DDS members at least

Metaliban

Aug 2, 2019

Don't blame you tbh, Hope they don't try to stitch you up with any fees for cancelling
on a side note I think there's some good deals on BMW 420i Gran Coupe's atm if they interest you at all, think they are stock as well
head over to pistonheads and look for the best lease deals thread

Reactions: GordonMcC

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019

Nationwide appear to have a black ST in stock.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Don’t mean to cause upset but I read on a FB post that there were a batch of Seat cars at the docks in Barcelona that were damaged by hailstones recently. These cars appear to have been shipped to the UK in a “damaged state” and repairs would take place at the UK dealers.

The guy who was claiming all this has an email from Seat detailing what has happened and he claims it all to be true.

Might be something worth looking into.

I hope that it’s a sick hoax but these things do happen.

048a906b210944fc21f673bec344468b.png

After reading the thread, the picture is not of the actual damage but a pic to show potential damage. The thread also details someone who’s parents live around Barcelona and he confirms the bad weather did occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Don’t mean to cause upset but I read on a FB post that there were a batch of Seat cars at the docks in Barcelona that were damaged by hailstones recently. These cars appear to have been shipped to the UK in a “damaged state” and repairs would take place at the UK dealers.

The guy who was claiming all this has an email from Seat detailing what has happened and he claims it all to be true.

After reading the thread, the picture is not of the actual damage but a pic to show potential damage. The thread also details someone who’s parents live around Barcelona and he confirms the bad weather did occur.

Well my first comment was going to be. That's not barcelona. As for potential damage. I've watched videos of Australian Hail storms with hail stones the size of cricket balls nad even some realy large ones. The famage of that particular window doesnt look like the kind of damage you would expect to see as a result of hail stones in barcelona.

The "email" he claims to have is also rather spurious as i can also black out an email from [email protected] and cut out the subject and content of theemail and claim whatever i like to be within that email.

This is more the sort of thing i would expect from a hail storm in barcelona. Which if that is the case. IT seems a lot more cost effective jsut to repair them in Barcelona given the amount of panels that would need replacing.

EDIT: There also hasn't been a single report of a hail storm that could cause any significant damage in barcelona in the last month. Source

shutterstock_668621941-1080x675.jpg

Last edited:

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Well my first comment was going to be. That's not barcelona. As for potential damage. I've watched videos of Australian Hail storms with hail stones the size of cricket balls nad even some realy large ones. The famage of that particular window doesnt look like the kind of damage you would expect to see as a result of hail stones.

The "email" he claims to have is also rather spurious as i can also black out an email from [email protected] and cut out the subject and content of theemail and claim whatever i like to be within that email.

This is more the sort of thing i would expect from a hail storm in barcelona. Which if that is the case. IT seems a lot more cost effective jsut to repair them in Barcelona given the amount of panels that would need replacing.

EDIT: There also hasn't been a single report of a hail storm that could cause any significant damage in barcelona in the last month. Source

As I said I was just passing on what I’ve heard as I fell for you guys waiting for your cars and felt you should at least have the info to check it out for yourselves.

I did say the picture was not off the actual damage, more of an indication of what could have happened.

The report you link to is only from the 15th Nov to the 22nd Nov. This damage occurred within the last month so it may be prudent to check earlier dates.

Best to be informed and it found to be false rather than not be informed and it found later to be true.

Last edited:

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
As I said I was just passing on what I’ve heard as I fell for you guys waiting for your cars and felt you should at least have the info to check it out for yourselves.

I did say the picture was not off the actual damage, more of an indication of what could have happened.

Best to be informed and it to be found to be false rather than not be informed and it found later to be true.

I think that guy is just chatting out his arse.

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019

This could explain why my car is still in Barcelona after 6 weeks from the BW. It could have been completely destroyed in a cataclysmic hail storm

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
Well my first comment was going to be. That's not barcelona. As for potential damage. I've watched videos of Australian Hail storms with hail stones the size of cricket balls nad even some realy large ones. The famage of that particular window doesnt look like the kind of damage you would expect to see as a result of hail stones in barcelona.

I lived in Australia for a couple of years, we had one such hail storm in 2005 which left some pretty serious damage and left broken paving slabs in gardens, the hail was like golf balls, pretty impressive as long as you were not out in it!

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018

That's just crazy. TBH I don't know how you've put up with it this far; you've got more patience than me. Time to change your forum name to "totallyp*ssedoffjon" [:@]

Reactions: mildmanneredjon

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Lings Cars is a legitimate business so it would be stupid of them to spread fake news. They were on Dragons Den years ago and consistently get good reviews. I don't believe she'd invent such news or fake an email.

Reactions: Maypack

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Lings Cars is a legitimate business so it would be stupid of them to spread fake news. They were on Dragons Den years ago and consistently get good reviews. I don't believe she'd invent such news or fake an email.
A quick skim through the facebook page suggests it isnt the kind of business i'd want to have any association with.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014

Thanks for the supporting message @Kirky.

If I was awaiting a new car I’d be checking up on this for certain

Reactions: Kirky

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
A quick skim through the facebook page suggests it isnt the kind of business i'd want to have any association with.
They have a strange and whacky style but that's their X factor as it were. Not to everyone's tastes but it doesn't make them an illegitimate business. Their customers seem to love them and I think honest John does too.
Honest John awarded them their HAT award back in 2009, 2012, 2015 and 2017. Maybe more.
https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/m...-approved-trader-hat-award-winners-announced/

Last edited:

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Maybe not. But if it’s true the cars are coming through “damaged” and Seat didn’t let on, you’d be thanking them for the heads up.

I've got a mate who lives in Barcelona. We worked together for 4 years in Madrid and he's a reliable source. I've asked him if they've had any hail storms in the last few weeks there. See what he says.

Edit:
They had storms with hail last week that caused flooding.
If you search for Granizo (hail) and tormenta (storm) and look at the news you'll see many Spanish articles documenting this as it destroyed the site where the independence protesters were camping.

So hail and storms are true.
No proof about damaged cars though and no proof the hail was big enough to damage cars.
https://cronicaglobal.elespanol.com/politica/tormenta-acampada-lluvia-barcelona_292325_102.html

Last edited:

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
I've got a mate who lives in Barcelona. We worked together for 4 years in Madrid and he's a reliable source. I've asked him if they've had any hail storms in the last few weeks there. See what he says.

Edit:
They had storms with hail last week that caused flooding.
If you search for Granizo (hail) and tormenta (storm) and look at the news you'll see many Spanish articles documenting this as it destroyed the site where the independence protesters were camping.

So hail and storms are true.
No proof about damaged cars though and no proof the hail was big enough to damage cars.
https://cronicaglobal.elespanol.com/politica/tormenta-acampada-lluvia-barcelona_292325_102.html

So worth checking up on them

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.