MK2 Inertia Switch

JHox

Feb 9, 2018
Market Harborough
Hello all, the other night I hit a huge pothole that not only flatted one of my new tyres on my nice new 19 inch Cupra R wheels I just purchased but also caused an array of error messages (ESC, ABS and brakes visit workshop error) and causing the car to no longer start.

I'm wondering if the impact has caused some sort of fuel cut off.

I've heard about inertia switches which can be pressed to rectify this does anyone know if the Leon 1p has one?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Nothing in the Haynes manual. Sometimes fuel cut off is done by the airbag control module though. But that's usually only when they've gone off of course.

JHox

Feb 9, 2018
Market Harborough
Nothing in the Haynes manual. Sometimes fuel cut off is done by the airbag control module though. But that's usually only when they've gone off of course.

Thanks for looking. Yes no airbags deployed it doesn't even sound quite right when trying to turn over.

I'm worried this is going to cost a lot to fix and chances of successfully claiming anything from Northamptonshire county council seem very slim since they have repaired it in less than 48 hours since it was reported.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Have you checked under the bonnet to make sure nothings popped off electrical or fuel? Made sure the battery is ok? The only time I've had similar before is on my sons Leon... there's a fuel connector just behind the right hand side of the coolant expansion tank and the connector had popped off.

JHox

Feb 9, 2018
Market Harborough
Have you checked under the bonnet to make sure nothings popped off electrical or fuel? Made sure the battery is ok? The only time I've had similar before is on my sons Leon... there's a fuel connector just behind the right hand side of the coolant expansion tank and the connector had popped off.

Couldn't see anything electrical that had disconnected but It was dark whilst waiting to get the car recovered to the garage.

It is getting looked at tomorrow I think first port of call will be diagnostics then check battery and connections.

It is strange how much havoc it seems to have caused considering I only hit at roughly 40 mph. Clearly there's not much give in the low profile tyres on the Cupra R wheels...