MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
Do they still come with contisport tyres on? Read a lot about putting pilot sports on. I’ve had both on my focus st and in all honesty found the contisports better for traction

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Do they still come with contisport tyres on? Read a lot about putting pilot sports on. I’ve had both on my focus st and in all honesty found the contisports better for traction

They do. An average tyre at best is the general consensus.

Browesy

Oct 30, 2017
Anybody starting to take delivery? Ordered cupra Lux hatch in August and still no confirmed build week. Think I’m about to cancel unless I hear cars are being delivered
I ordered August too mate, standard hatch and should have been built last week, waiting for confirmation from dealer.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
My Cupra lux hatch with pano and advance Driving pack being built this week

just called and they said it could be any day of the week and takes a week to build and they won’t know anymore till next week as to what day this week it’s being built

weird but not unexpected now so basically no update just fingers crossed it was a Monday build :)

Reactions: Metaliban

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
So searching and searching for videos to keep me satisfied

the below is a new one and not bad but has reignited my excitement,the exhaust sounds great and when compared to red delete I don’t think there is much in it :)

Reactions: zzakzz17

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
Well my delight was tempered a bit yesterday. After picking the car up in the rain yesterday and commenting that you should never buy a car in the rain(!), I noticed a small dent in the rear spoiler after driving 16 miles and the water had come off.

Not happy with my dealer's response. It's only minor but it can only have happened on their watch, and they're responding in a less than impressive way.....

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Well my delight was tempered a bit yesterday. After picking the car up in the rain yesterday and commenting that you should never buy a car in the rain(!), I noticed a small dent in the rear spoiler after driving 16 miles and the water had come off.

Not happy with my dealer's response. It's only minor but it can only have happened on their watch, and they're responding in a less than impressive way.....
Are they giving it the 1 mile gurantee

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Well my delight was tempered a bit yesterday.

Do you know what - I’m not in the least bit surprised at their poor response. I’ve lost the will with ours after not only the shambles with getting the deal sorted as agreed, but with their handling of everything since.

We had some cashback as part of the offer which was their way of matching the deal.

Their cheque was returned unpaid. No apology from the three sales guys we’d dealt with and a two day delay to BACS the funds which needed further chasing by us.

Then as they’d bought our part exchange vehicle from VWFS, almost two weeks later the agreement is still in our name with VWFS claiming to not have the funds.

Add in to that a rather accusational tone from their GM regarding two other small issues and I’m left absolutely livid.

I think we will get it serviced elsewhere.

My advice re: the dent: call SEAT UK and ask to speak to Brand Liaison. Explain the circumstances and they should intervene. DM for a contact name if required.

Ollie

Jul 26, 2019
Car has been delivered to dealer!

Just been sent the electronic forms and ID checks for the finance.

Ordered July 2019, Nevada White Lux hatchback. MY2020 model.

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Agreed. Get a Disklok. And use it religiously

Here she is. Ghosted and diskloked - view from IR Ring cam.

3c32781bede2267a486bbd9adb7296b5.jpg

How are you finding the Autowatch Ghost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
How are you finding the Autowatch Ghost?

As this is my wife’s car I probably only drive it three times a week so it’s a bit of an effort to remember to not press the brake before turning on the ignition.

My wife, who drives it daily, reports no issues.

It certainly offers great peace of mind knowing that they’d likely fail to drive off should they attempt to take it.

It’s an added sequence when starting it up, but overall worth it.

Reactions: mildmanneredjon

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
Well they've kind of admitted liability, as they should, but their solution of 50% payment is laughable. It's their error FFS!!

Nivster

Sep 3, 2019
So searching and searching for videos to keep me satisfied

the below is a new one and not bad but has reignited my excitement,the exhaust sounds great and when compared to red delete I don’t think there is much in it :)

Prompted me to share this vid I found of a MY20 Cupra ST the other day:

I know the Cupra ST exhaust is quieter than hatchback but I'm hoping it isn't 'too boring'...:blink:

...any new Cupra ST owners care to share some footage of exhaust on different modes?? :bounce:

Seems like exhaust might improve with mileage, would be interested in how many miles...

And if filming from inside if you've disabled the soundaktor...

Nivster

Sep 3, 2019
Sounds like your dealer has been fed a steaming load of TorroPoo - according to vesselfinder.com both Pegasus and Comet Ace are currently on the Barcelona-UK run and appear to be calling at all the usual suspects.

Fair point!!

...how do we know for certain these ships are used by Seat? Does it say anywhere in writing? ...this should make it easier to make my point to LO/the dealer.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Fair point!!

...how do we know for certain these ships are used by Seat? Does it say anywhere in writing? ...this should make it easier to make my point.

It’s fairly well documented on here that they use both vehicle carriers to ship to the UK. I would simply question the validity of their claim and speak to SEAT CS to ask them directly.

Whoever manages the contract for these vessels will be under pressure to meet demand. You can see for yourself with current lead times that demand is high.

The only reason one vessel would be out of action would be for essential maintenance.

Nivster

Sep 3, 2019
It’s fairly well documented on here that they use both vehicle carriers to ship to the UK. I would simply question the validity of their claim and speak to SEAT CS to ask them directly.

Whoever manages the contract for these vessels will be under pressure to meet demand. You can see for yourself with current lead times that demand is high.

The only reason one vessel would be out of action would be for essential maintenance.

Cheers yeah saw that, spoke to CS and seems like each time I call they flick to a new page on their excuse book...this is latest update in writing...

Think the thing to do is take it all with a pinch of salt - and hope that it arrives before Christmas!

My car has been built - status 30 - since 22nd October.

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
Prompted me to share this vid I found of a MY20 Cupra ST the other day:

I know the Cupra ST exhaust is quieter than hatchback but I'm hoping it isn't 'too boring'...:blink:

...any new Cupra ST owners care to share some footage of exhaust on different modes?? :bounce:

Seems like exhaust might improve with mileage, would be interested in how many miles...

And if filming from inside if you've disabled the soundaktor...

Mine sounded nice on my first drive inside. It's never going to sound like my BMW straight six, but no complaints from me so far. Don't care about the external noise. Stealth is key for me.

Regarding the damaged spoiler, the dealership have agreed to fix it now. Phew!

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Mine sounded nice on my first drive inside. It's never going to sound like my BMW straight six, but no complaints from me so far. Don't care about the external noise. Stealth is key for me.

Regarding the damaged spoiler, the dealership have agreed to fix it now. Phew!

I’m happy for it to be a subtle exhaust noise. As long as it’s got the power I’m ok with stealth mode!! If I want the loud DSG farting I’ll take the wife’s TT out

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Picking up my car on monday, so just over 2 months from order to delivery, happy with that. :clap:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.