Forge 008 recirc valve

Jamie Gallacher

Nov 3, 2019
I am thinking of fitting a forge 008 recirc valve to my 2004 LCR. However i was wondering if anyone had any idea how much this will put my insurance premium up by and if it is considered to add power/performance?
Many thanks

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
If your going the stage 1 route it's worth doing alongside a remap, silicone larger bore turbo intake pipe, upgraded panel or cone filter and possibly an exhaust to get the most out of it but alone not really necessary and then at the same time it's worth declaring to the insurer. Declaring mods individually may add up the cost rather than going big bang but also worth doing the work once your with a performance/modified car insurer where most mods will barely add any extra.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Also everyones insurance is different, mine cost me £70 extra moving from a diesel cupra to a remapped LCR. Could always call insurer what it would cost before you do it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
I found that what type of filter and a shield played a big part as to what it sounded like

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Throttle on yes, throttle off and with the valve working you can hear it recurculating, Just my opinion, mines a culmination of no bonnet liner, forge 008 , big k&n typhoon cone, oversized tip and debafled charge pipe all singing together :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jamie Gallacher

Jamie Gallacher

Nov 3, 2019
Cheers for the replys guys. I will phone my insurance company tommorow and see what they have to say about it. Might be worth looking into a proper induction kit also.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.