MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters
Nov 28, 2019
Hi All,

First post - just confirmed lease deal on Cupra Estate in Urban Silver. Have been quoted 14-16 weeks but not in any major rush, its a new car for the wife to replace her very leggy Panda 100 which has been with us forever as she wants a bit more space and poke.
Looking forward to it arriving - sure ill probably borrow it from time to time! :drive1:

Anything essential to watch out for / consider?

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
I have just spoken with my Admin team and the expected delivery date at our dealership is now showing for Monday the 2nd of December this has moved back form the 29th that it was showing.

I do apologise for this but this is also out of our hands and with the Transportation company we have no control this. We have contacted them but they were not able to give us an update other than the 2nd for delivery in the dealership. Also there have been cars that turn up before the expected delivery date so I will inform you if it turns up sooner.

This will not affect the deal in any way and I would like to apologise for the hold-up but I will keep you posted as much as I can.

They told this week but looks like maybe next week....[:@]
Car was in the port last week.Dealer looks honest.

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Hi All,

First post - just confirmed lease deal on Cupra Estate in Urban Silver. Have been quoted 14-16 weeks but not in any major rush, its a new car for the wife to replace her very leggy Panda 100 which has been with us forever as she wants a bit more space and poke.
Looking forward to it arriving - sure ill probably borrow it from time to time! :drive1:

Anything essential to watch out for / consider?

Yes. Watch out for the BS from the Dealer network. Deal direct with SEAT CS for updates.

And if you haven’t already, get the pan roof.

Nice colour. ;-)

Nov 28, 2019
Cheers all, the pan roof is lovely and i did enquire but it jumped the monthlies up quite a bit. Did go for the driving assistance pack though so no excuses when she gets her first speeding ticket :happy:

My visit to the local dealer gave me the biggest question mark about not getting the car so glad its not just me!

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Around 550 miles in now. I’m used to the point to point speed, but am still genuinely amazed how it pulls from 0 to ***mph in soaking weather. Very sure footed.

There’s a few rattles from the rear load liner which I need to find and sort. The plastics on the door cards low down cause speaker vibration, the door seals aren’t great, but what a bloody motor. Stealthy looks, fairly discrete and pretty cool in my book.

020b12987d08507c7d359a18b2ae0729.jpg

Bought a set of door latch covers for absolutely no good reason from a lovely guy on the Facebook group.

094cff9e6cab2eb212f58c92d2162197.jpg

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Around 550 miles in now. I’m used to the point to point speed, but am still genuinely amazed how it pulls from 0 to ***mph in soaking weather. Very sure footed.

There’s a few rattles from the rear load liner which I need to find and sort. The plastics on the door cards low down cause speaker vibration, the door seals aren’t great, but what a bloody motor. Stealthy looks, fairly discrete and pretty cool in my book.

020b12987d08507c7d359a18b2ae0729.jpg

Bought a set of door latch covers for absolutely no good reason from a lovely guy on the Facebook group.

094cff9e6cab2eb212f58c92d2162197.jpg
I see more quality complaints for 2019 cars.not good.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
My 2017 Golf GTI's passanger door rattle like a giant maracas between 2200-3000 rpm.
My 1.4 not any more as sound insulated my girlfriend 3doors terribly rattle.if i got the cupra on the list to make it rattle free.but door seal leak more people wrote so that worry me.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
You have a point though and I probably will soundproof mine to avoid rattles in the future. :)

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Last edited:

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Does anyone feel bad for ordering a Cupra in the midst of all these climate protests? Or concerned that as a result of protests, the government might increase the cost of owning a combustion engine to drive people to wards an alternative that doesnt exist yet?

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
Does anyone feel bad for ordering a Cupra in the midst of all these climate protests? Or concerned that as a result of protests, the government might increase the cost of owning a combustion engine to drive people to wards an alternative that doesnt exist yet?
One of the reasons I got the Cupra now is that I think this will be the last type of car like this I will own, with electric cars and potential cars with speed limiters becoming mainstream I thought I would have one last blast! I only do about 4k miles a year and have replaced a dirty diesel, so I don't feel too guilty.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
One of the reasons I got the Cupra now is that I think this will be the last type of car like this I will own, with electric cars and potential cars with speed limiters becoming mainstream I thought I would have one last blast! I only do about 4k miles a year and have replaced a dirty diesel, so I don't feel too guilty.
Same reason i got one. I am able to afford it, and see it as the last opprtunity to own such a car. Ordinarily i would have waited for my current car to get to a point that it needed replacing before getting a new one.

I wonder if depreciation of these cars will take a hit with being too costly to run, or if their price will be kept alive but combustion engine enthusiasts.

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019

Replacing a 3 litre 6 pot 20 year old engine design. It's actually going to be better for the environment than my current motor (at least in terms of emissions and fuel usage... doesn't sound quite as fruity though!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.