MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham
Same reason i got one. I am able to afford it, and see it as the last opprtunity to own such a car. Ordinarily i would have waited for my current car to get to a point that it needed replacing before getting a new one.

I wonder if depreciation of these cars will take a hit with being too costly to run, or if their price will be kept alive but combustion engine enthusiasts.
I'm just getting one as a young petrol head who wants something quick but, also looks really good too

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
I'm just getting one as a young petrol head who wants something quick but, also looks really good too

My excuse is I’m approaching 50 and this is the first time I’ve been able to get a car like this. All my other cars have been boring family cars. So nope don’t feel guilty one bit. This is now my time to have some fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
I think the government will only go after the old polluting cars ie circa 2005 or similar. They already have by making dealers offer scrappage scheme and introducing emissions taxes in cities. All these new cars put out no less than 200g/Km I wouldn’t be worried. Most of you guys are lease anyway so we don’t pay the road tax even if it does increase

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
One of the reasons I got the Cupra now is that I think this will be the last type of car like this I will own, with electric cars and potential cars with speed limiters becoming mainstream I thought I would have one last blast! I only do about 4k miles a year and have replaced a dirty diesel, so I don't feel too guilty.
You right I cancelled the electric car and go for cupra just because last chance to get new car like this.i like electric and i drove 2years but that not the same thing and i can buy with out finance so then a bit of fun in my life.and i drive 15k ish a year.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Three days until delivery. I spend hours each night shifting through youtube videos, wife must think I've gone mad. :blink:

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
You right I cancelled the electric car and go for cupra just because last chance to get new car like this.i like electric and i drove 2years but that not the same thing and i can buy with out finance so then a bit of fun in my life.and i drive 15k ish a year.
I did the same. Bought outright for some fun. Worst case scenario is you sell and get some money back after having a lot of fun. No worry of owing anyone anything.

Reactions: mildmanneredjon

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Around 550 miles in now. I’m used to the point to point speed, but am still genuinely amazed how it pulls from 0 to ***mph in soaking weather. Very sure footed.

There’s a few rattles from the rear load liner which I need to find and sort. The plastics on the door cards low down cause speaker vibration, the door seals aren’t great, but what a bloody motor. Stealthy looks, fairly discrete and pretty cool in my book.

020b12987d08507c7d359a18b2ae0729.jpg

Bought a set of door latch covers for absolutely no good reason from a lovely guy on the Facebook group.

094cff9e6cab2eb212f58c92d2162197.jpg
I'm 1.7k miles in and have no speaker vibration or rattles. I hate rattles with a passion, so I'd be the first to moan. I can hear the anti tamper ring on a bottle of water rattle. Not sure if I got lucky or others are unlucky. Only bad point I've had is the wheel having a defect, but that eventually got replaced.

Edit: May have jinxed myself. Heard a rattle this morning coming from the driver side door!

Edit 2: Was just my sunglasses in the door pocket. Panic over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rowan83

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Can anyone with a Cupra comment or n the sound quality?
I have a 2014 leon FR and recently noticed that my favourite songs sound pretty crap compared to listening to them in the BMW (Harmon Kardon) or my girlfriends fiat (beats audio). Even my Bluetooth headphones make the car sound flat and with little depth.

I used to think the sound quality was pretty good until now. Would be a bit disappointed if it’s the same with the cupra. Does anyone know if the sound system has been updated on the facelift?

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Can anyone with a Cupra comment or n the sound quality?
I have a 2014 leon FR and recently noticed that my favourite songs sound pretty crap compared to listening to them in the BMW (Harmon Kardon) or my girlfriends fiat (beats audio). Even my Bluetooth headphones make the car sound flat and with little depth.

I used to think the sound quality was pretty good until now. Would be a bit disappointed if it’s the same with the cupra. Does anyone know if the sound system has been updated on the facelift?
I had to change the sound curve in the equaliser settings to get the best out of it. It sounds good to me although it's not the same as my separates sound system but then no car audio is.

TimT

Jul 18, 2019
Does anyone feel bad for ordering a Cupra in the midst of all these climate protests? Or concerned that as a result of protests, the government might increase the cost of owning a combustion engine to drive people to wards an alternative that doesnt exist yet?
After my failed Cupra purchase (came with wrong options, couldnt be bothered to wait for another one) I went for a Kia Stinger with a twin turbo 3.3 V6.... so honestly I am gonna ride the big engine & turbos for how long I can. The newer hybrids that Mercedes for example is moving towards are still powerful, sound nice and are quite 'real' petrol engines, with just the added hybrid factor for lower emissions. Others are going down that route also..

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
After my failed Cupra purchase (came with wrong options, couldnt be bothered to wait for another one) I went for a Kia Stinger with a twin turbo 3.3 V6.... so honestly I am gonna ride the big engine & turbos for how long I can. The newer hybrids that Mercedes for example is moving towards are still powerful, sound nice and are quite 'real' petrol engines, with just the added hybrid factor for lower emissions. Others are going down that route also..
Does a 3.3 V6 really only produce 365bhp? That's not a lot for a 1850kg car.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.