2.0 TSI 190 FR - exhaust options.

Eskilation

Dec 3, 2017
Bucks
I know it’s a fairly limited run car but anyone played with exhaust just want a little more noise deep growl but subtle seems a bit muted at the moment but don’t want the full on dsg fart etc.

Assume as independent rear any cupra box might fit but would like the single side twin pipe from std.

Is res delete an option not many places list it on selection criteria.

Tha_Matt_Man

Jun 17, 2020
Belgium
@Eskilation what have you eventually done with the exhaust? I have a Leon ST FR 2.0 TSI 190 and want some sound.

I also don't want to exaggerate but now there is like nothing..

Anyone else with the same engine/car changed something to the exhaust?

Eskilation

Dec 3, 2017
Bucks
@Tha_Matt_Man never got round to doing anything before lockdown 1 and 2 and have been working from home, car hardly moving now used to do 25K a year. Once we come out the other end and if I still have it may try some options...as they are a little too quiet, although when you do give it the beans surprises people as they are so quiet.

Steve Caney

Dec 8, 2019
Sorry to Hijack this thread, but has anyone done a remap on this engine yet?... I have another 14 months to wait until end of warranty. If anyone has.... what was difference in characteristics.?

Eskilation

Dec 3, 2017
Bucks
Was just thinking the same when I was answering the Exhaust questions, lockdown put stops on everything at the moment - I see Remap Kings give it quite a boost, have no idea how good they are and if need to do anything to DSG, like you I have a year of warranty and if keep passed that or the wife takes over I am also interested (and she will be) :cool:

Original BHP188
BHP After Remap260 (+38.3%)
Original Torque Nm320
Torque After Remap Nm400 (+25.0%)

Tha_Matt_Man

Jun 17, 2020
Belgium
I have done a remap 1 year ago.
BHP is around 260 and Torque is around 430 Nm (SuperPlus RON 98).

Drives like a dream, a LOT of people underestimate the car, which is fun. Last week I made it difficult for a new Renault Megane RS ;)

You don't have to do anything to the DSG, it's the DQ381, the same as in the Cupra which can handle 430 without problems.
I had the choice to tune the DSG to change the shift-moments, speed,... but chose not to. Maybe a little upgrade for in the future.

Now I just want an exhaust with SOME sound which is ok for the M.O.T also.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.