69 anyone?

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Without meaning to be rude, anyone had a 69 yet? :think:
Obviously I’m talking about 69 registered cars.
We’re now a week into September and I haven’t seen one yet! I’m on the road everyday driving my wagon and today I’ve been to Birmingham and back in the car, a 200 mile round trip and I haven’t seen any car, van, truck or anything yet.
Have people stopped buying new cars?

Reactions: MXP2090

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
We’re now a week into September and I haven’t seen one yet! I’m on the road everyday driving my wagon and today I’ve been to Birmingham and back in the car, a 200 mile round trip and I haven’t seen any car, van, truck or anything yet.
If the build times on the new Cupras are anything to go by, despite people buying new cars, the manufactures don't want to build them.

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
To be honest, I don't really notice the plate change these days.

In the good old days (many of you no doubt too young to remember!) it was once a year on 1st August. It just seemed to be much more of a big deal then and more noticeable too.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Started to see a few knocking about now. A couple of Seats amongst them namely a black Terraco and a leon fr.
We also got a couple of 69 plate trucks added to our fleet on Friday.
Mmmm, that new ‘truck’ smell!:think: Is that a thing? Lol

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
I work at a SEAT dealer and things are tough. We sold more than double new reg's last September Vs this September.
A lot of other dealers are feeling the pinch too.
Used sales is very strong however!

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
I work at a SEAT dealer and things are tough. We sold more than double new reg's last September Vs this September.
A lot of other dealers are feeling the pinch too.
Used sales is very strong however!
Interesting point, but from my recent experience in a SEAT main dealer you'd think that they'd sold enough for the month or year, as they really couldn't be arsed to show any enthusiasm.

Luckily I then found one younger sales guy who did give a monkeys!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
My first 69 today:
upload_2019-9-23_13-9-53.png

Reactions: bigT's lcr

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
last year I got a 68 plate and there seemed to be hundred of 68 plates local, this year have not seen a 69 plate yet

Oct 20, 2019

Not seen one yet, but i am keeping my eye's out!

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Seen a couple, mainly company cars and vans. Thing is I haven't seen that many 19s either, it seems like people are holding on to their money at the moment.

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
69 Plate? I've just bought one, brand spankers with 12 miles on the clock - I pick it up next Tuesday [B)]

Was meant to wait until the new '20' plate came out next spring and had almost certainly decided to
return to the FCA fold - then got tempted by a 'run-out' bargain of a Golf 7.5 wagon, (which won't actually
be replaced by the Mk.8 wagon until about this time next year.) This handsome, (if unexciting) beast ticks
so many boxes that I couldn't say no, despite the 15% chance/risk of it being a 'kangarooing' 1.5 EVO.

So, not SEAT but VAG none the less, (for better or worse) and of course similar in many ways to a Leon.
This now means the trusty '59' plate Proton Persona Ecologic is now up for grabs on AutoTrader for
anyone interested in a smart/reliable cheapie, (South coast Sussex area)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.