MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

TimT

Jul 18, 2019
Does a 3.3 V6 really only produce 365bhp? That's not a lot for a 1850kg car.
I think the car differentiates noticeably from cars like the Cupra. It is a grand tourer rather than a hardcore sports car. I compared it with a friends' Leon Cupra 300 4drive side-to-side when I first went on a test run with it. It suits my size (6ft6, 22 stone) alot better also. The Cupra is a car with which I wanted to get to my destination as quickly as possible, the Stinger is the type of car with which I enjoy coasting there and if needed, press the pedal properly.
The engine is very undertuned from the factory though, so I've gotten quite a few ideas from the (largely) US dominated Stinger forums on how to easilly push another up to 100 bhp out, more is possible with some bigger adjustments.
No matter the undertuning, still an amazing car to enjoy for the price point.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
After my failed Cupra purchase (came with wrong options, couldnt be bothered to wait for another one) I went for a Kia Stinger with a twin turbo 3.3 V6.... so honestly I am gonna ride the big engine & turbos for how long I can. The newer hybrids that Mercedes for example is moving towards are still powerful, sound nice and are quite 'real' petrol engines, with just the added hybrid factor for lower emissions. Others are going down that route also..

It's a nice car, congrats :)

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
On my digital cockpit I can only get the satnav map to show if I have first setup the satnav on the main info system to a destination address, and then I change the info system view away from the map, only then will the map show on the digital cockpit? Is that standard or am I doing something wrong? From video's I have seen it should just work when I switch to that view on the cockpit and pretty sure that is what I did when I first test drove the car?

Metaliban

Aug 2, 2019
After my failed Cupra purchase (came with wrong options, couldnt be bothered to wait for another one) I went for a Kia Stinger with a twin turbo 3.3 V6.... so honestly I am gonna ride the big engine & turbos for how long I can. The newer hybrids that Mercedes for example is moving towards are still powerful, sound nice and are quite 'real' petrol engines, with just the added hybrid factor for lower emissions. Others are going down that route also..
Seen a few of these around and would definitely have had one, very nice looking out of the ordinary car (wish they would have something other than that boring Kia badge though) but unfortunately the lease deals were no way near as competitive

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
On my digital cockpit I can only get the satnav map to show if I have first setup the satnav on the main info system to a destination address, and then I change the info system view away from the map, only then will the map show on the digital cockpit? Is that standard or am I doing something wrong? From video's I have seen it should just work when I switch to that view on the cockpit and pretty sure that is what I did when I first test drove the car?

Have you tried pressing the scroll button when you are in that screen and also have you pressed the toggle button on the main screen in the top left-hand corner which allows you to switch from that screen to the virtual cockpit screen with the map?

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
Have you tried pressing the scroll button when you are in that screen and also have you pressed the toggle button on the main screen in the top left-hand corner which allows you to switch from that screen to the virtual cockpit screen with the map?
Yes I have scrolled through all the options but unless I am actually using the satnav for directions it just seems to give me a picture of the car inside a compass? If I toggle the button on the main screen from map to the journey details then that is the only way it will show up on the digital cockpit for me?

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Yes I have scrolled through all the options but unless I am actually using the satnav for directions it just seems to give me a picture of the car inside a compass? If I toggle the button on the main screen from map to the journey details then that is the only way it will show up on the digital cockpit for me?

At some stage it asks if you want to enable map view. That’s when I’ve pressed the scroll button in to confirm. It then loads up.

However, it hasn’t been asking me lately.

I think you’re one press away from it working as it should. Unless you have an earlier version?

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
At some stage it asks if you want to enable map view. That’s when I’ve pressed the scroll button in to confirm. It then loads up.

However, it hasn’t been asking me lately.

I think you’re one press away from it working as it should. Unless you have an earlier version?
Ok thanks, I will go and have a play at lunch and see if I can get it working as expecting. Cheers

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Hmm got quite a bit of headlight condensation on both headlights. Anyone else seen this?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise