How to remove washer bottle to install engine mount?

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Hi all

I am going to upgrade all my mounts with the Revo mount kit, but in order to get to engine mount I need to remove the washer bottle - or at least part of it.

I have seen many cars where it is on the right side when looking from front of the car, but in my case it is on the left side, over the mount and near to the coolant bootle.

Has anyone done this? Any tips or photos?

Mine looks like this:
fast-estates-022.jpg

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Well, answering my own question, just came home and there is a bolt holding the bottle to the mount.

Need to figure what to do after the Revo mount goes in, since there will be nowhere to bolt it to...

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
The DSG cars have bottle on the left looking in to the engine bay.
Manual cars have it on the right.

Would be surprised if REVO have only catered for manual cars

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
The DSG cars have bottle on the left looking in to the engine bay.
Manual cars have it on the right.

Would be surprised if REVO have only catered for manual cars

Thanks - me too, but there are a few things that seem to point that way...

If you look at pictures, the mount seems very simple and rudimentary (not doubting the efficiency for the purpose).

Compare that with the ECS mount and it has an extra arm and hole for the single purpose of sticking that bottle.

Then, I also looked in the site I ordered from and filtering by Cupra (even though it were the MQB mounts, so should be same for all...) they did not give me the part.
Also not for the Golf R - only for the MQB Audi S3.
Now, I need to wait and see when the parts show up.

Wish we still had the Oldboy around, since he had the full Revo mount kit on his car and for sure he would be able to clarify.

-- side question to everyone else --
Does anyone have the Revo engine mount (not the pendulum, not the dogbone, not the gearbox)?

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
For anyone else looking for a reply - look under:

I contacted Revo and this was the reply:

"In this instance the washer bottle will be absolutely fine with the bolts still present"
In other words: Ignore the missing bolt.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise