Electric mirrors faulty in the cold

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
Hi All,

A couple of cold morning this past month my wing mirrors either refuse to fold out (via remote or the knob inside the car) or just the drivers side will fold out. It only seems to happen when it's cold and they tend to work later on in the day when it's warmed up.

Has anyone faced this issue before or know what I can do to fold them out (without forcing them as they don't sit where I need them to)

Cheers!

Chris

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
When it's cold I don't fold mine in to stop this issue lol I've personally not had it but I'd rather they worked when I need them to.

Have you tried spraying wd40 on the joints to see if that helps?

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
When it's cold I don't fold mine in to stop this issue lol I've personally not had it but I'd rather they worked when I need them to.

Have you tried spraying wd40 on the joints to see if that helps?
I'll give them a spray this afternoon and see what happens. Force of habit to fold them in!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Fold them up, roll the window down and you'll be able to look through the window and see the mechanism. Lash it with WD40 silicone. My passenger one was well stuck a couple of nights ago. I had to fold it in and out manually.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Happens every time the weather gets a bit cold. But at work I really need to fold my mirrors in. So I go through this ritual yearly.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So it's definitely a regular problem them :(
I have mine in at work too...

Yeah, just spray the cr@p out of them. Mine are alright again at the moment. Just use silicone WD40, not WD40. I tried lithium, but it just washed away.

Nick Nick

Ibiza Veteran, Leon Virgin
Nov 13, 2005
Southampton
Fold them up, roll the window down and you'll be able to look through the window and see the mechanism. Lash it with WD40 silicone. My passenger one was well stuck a couple of nights ago. I had to fold it in and out manually.
Nice tip - I noticed my passenger side sticking so will be spraying them both tomorrow.

Reactions: Legojon
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise