Cupra Ateca Mudflap Fitting.

Savage

Nov 12, 2019
I always like to have mudflaps as they cut down on the crap fired up at the sides of the car, and I often travel down some dirty roads !
Their are not (as far as I could see at the time of posting) any OEM ones listed for the Cupra, so after studying the pics I thought an Ateca FR set shouldn't be far off, and if not, well that's what a Dremel is for :redface:
As it turned out, the Dremel was not required.

Tools used:
RQXxMUp.jpg

The fronts went on as per instructions, although I found using a 5.5mm drill for the plastic push pin fittings instead of the 5mm they recommended a bit better.
The addition of threadlock on the torx screws was just me liking to play it safe.

FI5HVAU.jpg

The rears were a little more fiddly, but with some jiggling I got the screws back in.

6DS9D8D.jpg

Then I drilled the underside tab and liner (deliberately offset as the plastic nut is quite large and I wanted to clear the channel in the liner).

WlwUhuW.jpg

Once fitted, there was a slight uniform gap on the fronts, and a less uniform gap on the rears due to the different profile shaped bumper on the FR and Cupra.

jHUpyHN.jpg

6Bb0nh6.jpg

But I had a plan for that, some black silicone sealant helps calm my ocd with uneven gaps :redface:
And stops muck and water building up there :bleh:

tNCnjrW.jpg

tWsr29u.jpg

And finally all done :happy:

X599p9a.jpg

LQIxlkE.jpg

Last edited:

Savage

Nov 12, 2019
Not especially cheap, but genuine SEAT.
£86.95 for both pairs delivered from Horton.

Reactions: BoyRacer
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.