A water leak like no other - HELP please

Dec 9, 2019
2%20Custom_zpsmkfwc6mu.jpg

1%20Custom_zpsejexccc0.jpg

Hello all.
I am hoping that someone may have seen this issue before and can point me in the right direction to resolve it.
About two weeks ago we had a torrential downpour and a day or so afterwards noticed that the rear passenger footwell was flooded as well as the front passenger carpet soaked.

CHECKED:The drain points under the scuttle panel were cleared out as that had soil/leaves in it. Water flows freely away into the wheel arch. The pollen filter and heater box were bone dry so no ingress through that.
CHECKED:Both floor pan bungs were in place under the car.
CHECKED:Grommet is in place and sealed under scuttle panel.
CHECKED:Door Carriers are fine - no leaks from the doors at all.

On further testing with the hose...I found a point where the water is running in. A constant stream of drips running down the chassis. This soaks the insulation and in turn soaks everything else as it tracks to the rear footwell.
I took it to my local garage to investigate after I had found the point where the drips were tracking in. They could not find where it was getting in and said that to see the other side of that wall/seam it would need a bodyshop to remove the front wing.
I took it to a bodyshop and left it with them for a few days. Day One they had the wing off and there was nothing they could find the other side. They sealed a few bits and still it leaks.
They suggested removing and resealing the windscreen but that would need a new rubber/plastics which the windscreen guy didn't have on him as he was only coming out to lift and reseal not an actual planned job. BUT i have taped up the windscreen yesterday from top to bottom and run water into the corner of the scuttle thus avoiding the windscreen itself and it still leaks.
On my image I have highlighted in red a seam which seems to have a "glisten" of water in it when the torch light shines on it. The water (blue arrows) runs in from around the upper chassis hole (green oval) (i'll try to get a proper picture later of this)...and down the inner shell. I put in some silver foil tape last night purely to try to direct the water into the outer chassis (and out the bottom of the car) rather than it getting the insulation soaked but it still drips into the car.
I'm at a loss at the moment as to where to look now.

I would really appreciate any help finding a solution to this and getting the car dried out properly once and for all.
I really look forward to any advice/assistance with this. Thank you, Lee

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
It might help if you uploaded clear pictures and not ones taken with a toaster through net curtains...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise