Pace Car Indicators - Anyone got them to work yet?

dmpx

Mar 23, 2019
As above, I believe there was issues in the past with activating the Pace Car Indicators via Carista.

Has anyone managed to get this to work yet? I’d rather not pay the fee only to find out it’s still broken.

I have a 2015 Cupra ST.

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
As above, I believe there was issues in the past with activating the Pace Car Indicators via Carista.

Has anyone managed to get this to work yet? I’d rather not pay the fee only to find out it’s still broken.

I have a 2015 Cupra ST.

I have tried to activate this multiple times over the past year, most recently 2 weeks ago. Still not properly working unfortunately, only the outer of the two LEDS flash. Quite disappointing.

dmpx

Mar 23, 2019
I have tried to activate this multiple times over the past year, most recently 2 weeks ago. Still not properly working unfortunately, only the outer of the two LEDS flash. Quite disappointing.

Appreciated - Thank you!

Do we know if anyone has spoke to Carista directly about it? I’ve seen it done via OBDeleven only sadly...

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I've also tried this using Carista (beta), only the outer leds lighting up. I've reported it to Carista.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
@Damo H

Yes it just looks odd. I'm just reporting what I've tested. I've tested quite a few options since I'm beta testing.

dmpx

Mar 23, 2019
I have them working with OBDeleven - not sure if legal or not, but had the police plenty of times behind me here in Finland and they never said anything ;)

How easy is it to do with OBDeleven?

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
We’re talking the UK though, the police will pull you over if you over if they’ve had a bad morning haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was a VW Golf GTI with these type of indicators near me a few months ago. Saw them pulled in once on my way to work. Whether thats what it was for or not I am not sure. Havent seen the car since.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Nope, and no doubt invalidates insurance too.

Not sure why people like this, they just look broken.

Only way this even looks good is with the adaptors that give a dynamic effect that delays the indicators on the outside lights at the rear.
Agreed it just looks wrong. I've been behind a few cars that have done it and it looks like you say broken. Even the delayed method looks a bit tacky.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.