MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Joe wants his Cupra

Aug 31, 2019
There has been delays in the builds due to the fire at the dashboard production factory. The status I have been informed is there are cars built as per the build weeks. However, they are sat there waiting for the dashboards to be fitted. Mine was supposed to be built week commencing 18th November and is still sat as waiting for dashboard fitting.

Metaliban

Aug 2, 2019
There has been delays in the builds due to the fire at the dashboard production factory. The status I have been informed is there are cars built as per the build weeks. However, they are sat there waiting for the dashboards to be fitted. Mine was supposed to be built week commencing 18th November and is still sat as waiting for dashboard fitting.
F*** my life if it's delayed past January I might just go and get an I30N proper cba waiting any longer my current car doesn't sound like it's gonna last till February as it is

Joe wants his Cupra

Aug 31, 2019
F*** my life if it's delayed past January I might just go and get an I30N proper cba waiting any longer my current car doesn't sound like it's gonna last till February as it is
Yeah I feel the same. Really frustrating. Mine is only a standard hatch too. But, all production was halted so I think it has affected all of the Seat Models. It’s feeling like I might have to go through the whole Brexit issue again at this rate!

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Yeah I feel the same. Really frustrating. Mine is only a standard hatch too. But, all production was halted so I think it has affected all of the Seat Models. It’s feeling like I might have to go through the whole Brexit issue again at this rate!
IT was my understanding that VAG would honor prices of orders placed prior to brexit regardless of any tariffs imposed as a result of there not being a preagreed trade deal. 10% import duty will cancel my order for sure.

Joe wants his Cupra

Aug 31, 2019
IT was my understanding that VAG would honor prices of orders placed prior to brexit regardless of any tariffs imposed as a result of there not being a preagreed trade deal. 10% import duty will cancel my order for sure.
Yeah I was under that impression too, but nothing was ever confirmed so anything could happen. There are some manufacturers who said they would have to pass this cost onto consumers, so you never know. But yes it would also cancel my order.

dilson88

Dec 2, 2019

I've been given a BW 3 - lux model, was considering cancelling but with LO they have a 3% cancel fee of the P11D (cars value), worked it out at around £960 mark, looks like i'll have to wait this one out.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
So I just called and it’s not been built and they couldn’t say if and when it would be built and that there is a message on the car only the dealer can see !!!!

I have emailed the dealer to get what I expect is bad news

I have not heard them confirm at all that cars are being built without dashboards,not sure this would work as it’s all an ongoing process.

I bet that’s just more Bs as mine has defo not started being built and it’s two weeks past it’s BW FML

it’s getting past the point of even writing about

it’s literally like a rare pokemon the Hatch MY20 only ever hear about it never see it let alone get one !!

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
When do you reckon SEAT will start cancelling orders due to the new model? What was the gap between the Cupra MK2 and Leon MK3 or did they produce them up to the launch?

Metaliban

Aug 2, 2019
Rang Seat CS and was told it's not been built but is due to be built this week or next week.... if it's delayed until Feb I might be out

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
When is the new model due?

"Seat have not yet confirmed the release date for the Mk4 but summer 2020 seems likely" - Carwow

seat-leon-render-front-lead-1.jpg

Reactions: Joe wants his Cupra

alnsaz

Dec 7, 2005
West of Scotland
If it's any consolation to those waiting, it's not just Cupras affected. My Black Edition Estate with build week 21/10/19 now has an estimate to dealer of 23/12/19 due to being stuck at UK port!

I was given false hope of having a 'YA69' registration plate allocated then the bad news followed on another email

Delivery still needs organised from dealer to me in Glasgow so not much hope of a pre Xmas or even new year delivery :(

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham
So I just called and it’s not been built and they couldn’t say if and when it would be built and that there is a message on the car only the dealer can see !!!!

I have emailed the dealer to get what I expect is bad news

I have not heard them confirm at all that cars are being built without dashboards,not sure this would work as it’s all an ongoing process.

I bet that’s just more Bs as mine has defo not started being built and it’s two weeks past it’s BW FML

it’s getting past the point of even writing about

it’s literally like a rare pokemon the Hatch MY20 only ever hear about it never see it let alone get one !!
Whether they lied to me I don't know but I believe that mine was being built last week so see what they are saying thursday

The Daily Meme

Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Whether they lied to me I don't know but I believe that mine was being built last week so see what they are saying thursday
I'm going to check how mine is getting on to see if it gives any of you lot some confidence :joystick:

With any luck. My car may be on the Comet Ace that leaves last week of December and docks first week of January. The Pegasus Ace is not running between 30th of December and 11th Jan so if it isnt on that boat i won't see it till February. :crash:

Last edited: