Infotainment problems

JamieAldo

Jan 7, 2018
Hi all,

has anyone came across a problem with the sound on the infotainment unit?

the problem is when playing Bluetooth music if I switch to a YouTube video or a video on my phone the sound mutes itself and won’t play through the speakers.

the unit is hardware version 640, the one without the Nav,

Cheers!

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
You are trying to listen to a video through the speakers of the car or

The video (YouTube) through the speakers of your phone while listening to your music (Apple music, Spotify etc) through the car at the same time?

if the latter then it won’t work, as the phone can only play one Audio at a time so either the music or the video. If it’s the first option then I’m not completely sure that Bluetooth audio supports audio playback of videos (YouTube).

JamieAldo

Jan 7, 2018
Thanks for the reply!

So I’ll be playing music via Spotify and it works fine, then if I switch over to YouTube etc the sound plays for a split second then mutes and when you turn it back up it instantly mutes again, the only way it will work is if I disconnect the Bluetooth and re connect it and play YouTube first if that makes sense.
The unit is the following:

Part Number: 5F0035869A
Hardware Version: 640
Software Version: 5805
Bluetooth Version: C860
Media Version: 5805
Customer Version: 5805

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Thanks for the reply!

So I’ll be playing music via Spotify and it works fine, then if I switch over to YouTube etc the sound plays for a split second then mutes and when you turn it back up it instantly mutes again, the only way it will work is if I disconnect the Bluetooth and re connect it and play YouTube first if that makes sense.
The unit is the following:

Part Number: 5F0035869A
Hardware Version: 640
Software Version: 5805
Bluetooth Version: C860
Media Version: 5805
Customer Version: 5805

ahh okay. It sounds like YouTube is fighting Spotify. Are you hard closing Spotify via your phone to stop any conflicts? I also know if you don't have YouTube premium or whatever it is, sound/ video will not play when you exit the app or even pull up your notifications whilst in the app.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Or I could be completely wrong and maybe it’s just the infotainment does not support YouTube correctly...

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
ahh okay. It sounds like YouTube is fighting Spotify. Are you hard closing Spotify via your phone to stop any conflicts? I also know if you don't have YouTube premium or whatever it is, sound/ video will not play when you exit the app or even pull up your notifications whilst in the app.
THe problem is the infotainment system controls the IOS media player, which defaults to apple music, or if open, spotify. The problem is combined between IOS and the infotainment system. I too have this issue. THe only work around is to close spotify and apple music and then open youtube, play your video and turn the colume up in the car.

When you start a youtube video with spotify or music open, youtube (or iOS) hits pause on your music, (same as with a phone call) which in turn causes your infotainment system to mute. Only way to do it is to ensure your spotify or music app is paused or lcosed beforehand.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
THe problem is the infotainment system controls the IOS media player, which defaults to apple music, or if open, spotify. The problem is combined between IOS and the infotainment system. I too have this issue. THe only work around is to close spotify and apple music and then open youtube, play your video and turn the colume up in the car.

When you start a youtube video with spotify or music open, youtube (or iOS) hits pause on your music, (same as with a phone call) which in turn causes your infotainment system to mute. Only way to do it is to ensure your spotify or music app is paused or lcosed beforehand.

yes that’s what I was thinking, but your wording is a lot better ;) hopefully this helps OP. I have never used YouTube in my car but have experienced on the phone when using YouTube/ 2 audio output apps at the same time they tend to fight with eacother and you end up in silence lol

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
yes that’s what I was thinking, but your wording is a lot better ;) hopefully this helps OP. I have never used YouTube in my car but have experienced on the phone when using YouTube/ 2 audio output apps at the same time they tend to fight with eacother and you end up in silence lol
I've found when the girlfriend is connected to the car and is browsing insagram or snapchat, the sound plays over the top of the music anyway. Purely because those apps don't pause the music app. It is an iOS issue really. But also annoying because there isn't a way in the infotainmenet system to stop it muting itself.

Reactions: LR231998
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.