Do you do Ron Ron ?

Savage

Nov 12, 2019
I have always used 99 ron fuel on any petrol car I have had with over 200 bhp.
There are many arguments for and against, but either way I based it on my own experience.
The exception being the last car I owned, that didn't seem to make any odds (but was run on the good stuff anyways).
All my previous VAG cars felt better on it.
I was looking up the oil specs for the Cupra as I always like to carry around a top up bottle being old school, and stumbled on page 312 of the owners handbook.
Here it actually states they recommend running unleaded super plus 98 octane, when not available 95 (with a slight power loss).

To me it makes no odds as that's what I do anyways (usually Momentum 99 with a tank of Shell V-Power once in a while), just thought it may be a heads up for those that usually run 95 ;)

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
I've tried both, in the Cupra and in my Fiat Panda twinair, and can't notice any difference except in the wallet. 95 RON goes for 1,304€/l here, 98 for 1,476€/l.
At >40k km per year, and averaging 10l/100km, makes close to 800€ less fuel cost for the Cupra. For the Panda, at 8,5l and 20k km, about 300€. So total savings 1100€/year for a power loss I never notice.

When test driving the Cupra Ateca the Belgian importer (for everything from the Volkswagen group) told me all test cars are run on 95, except Porsche, Bentley and Lamborghini...

BoyRacer

SUV time!
Aug 5, 2016
I don't bother with 98 either - but then again I'm not flooring it all the time. ;-)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members