New car ordered

Jonesy_Cupra

Dec 9, 2019
Hi all,

New to the forums, just ordered a Leon Cupra 290 DSG in midnight black for March delivery.

Its on lease so not a lot I can do in terms of mods, but I will be hanging around the forums and eventually get some pics up once it arrives ;)

Look forward to getting my hands on it!

Cheers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Welcome. Ooo, didn't realise they were doing black again. Bet that'll look ace. Long wait ahead tho :(. How you making the time go quicker? LOL.

Jonesy_Cupra

Dec 9, 2019
Welcome. Ooo, didn't realise they were doing black again. Bet that'll look ace. Long wait ahead tho :(. How you making the time go quicker? LOL.
Thanks Jon I hope so!

My current lease car goes back in March so just making do for now, wishing the time away :D

Not got my hopes up though for the March delivery due to the delays people are experiencing at the moment..

Jonesy_Cupra

Dec 9, 2019
Thanks chaps!

Does anyone know what my car is likely to have exhaust wise? As in what restrictions? (PPF etc)

Thinking of a res delete almost straight away..

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Thanks chaps!

Does anyone know what my car is likely to have exhaust wise? As in what restrictions? (PPF etc)

Thinking of a res delete almost straight away..
Res delete is a no brainer. Done mine after 4k miles (8 months ago) and for £80 all in its worth doing. I have kept the Resonator so I can put it back on next year for car return.

as the car still has a PPF you get no drone whatsoever that a lot of people with the pre PPF cars complain about

the lease prices are crazy cheap just now, even cheaper than what I'm paying and i though I was cheap!!

Jonesy_Cupra

Dec 9, 2019
Res delete is a no brainer. Done mine after 4k miles (8 months ago) and for £80 all in its worth doing. I have kept the Resonator so I can put it back on next year for car return.

as the car still has a PPF you get no drone whatsoever that a lot of people with the pre PPF cars complain about

the lease prices are crazy cheap just now, even cheaper than what I'm paying and i though I was cheap!!

Yeah I went for a 24 month lease, 10k miles at 266 a month..

Thinking that if I like it I may look to buy one.. Or may lease again ;)

Oh that's good to know then, never had a DSG so looking forward to experiencing the DSG "farts" haha.

Have you done any other mods out of interest?

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Yeah I went for a 24 month lease, 10k miles at 266 a month..

Thinking that if I like it I may look to buy one.. Or may lease again ;)

Oh that's good to know then, never had a DSG so looking forward to experiencing the DSG "farts" haha.

Have you done any other mods out of interest?
just the Res delete, Paddle shift extensions as the normal standard fit is quite poor. I also have put Michelin PS4S on the Front as the Continental Sport 5s were shot after 7.5k miles!!

Gunslinger300

Oct 12, 2017
Glasgow
Hate to be a party pooper but there are no DSG farts and the overrun sounds more like a thud than pop. Seriously thinking about a res delete myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonesy_Cupra

Dec 9, 2019
Hate to be a party pooper but there are no DSG farts and the overrun sounds more like a thud than pop. Seriously thinking about a res delete myself!

That was my worry so ill be going for a res delete straight away! Shame I can't do much more with it being a lease. May buy a cupra after the 24 months and I can mod it properly haha

bgb

Jan 22, 2019

You arn't hammering it hard enough ;)

Granted they arn't 'cracks' like the older years but they are still there for me. Must be 8k miles now and sometimes it still amazes me on what sounds i can get out of the car!

I do think noise isolation and build quality has made the inside feel numb, as I had to ferry a Xmas tree Saturday with the lid open and wow, was it loud and proud!

I don't think the res-delete will do much for 'farts', the PPF still plays a big role in that. I do get some rather loud pops and bangs when warm though.

Reactions: GordonMcC

Jonesy_Cupra

Dec 9, 2019
Do people remove the PPF? Or is that actually possible? Only issue is warranty though and guessing it needs mapped out..

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Do people remove the PPF? Or is that actually possible? Only issue is warranty though and guessing it needs mapped out..

Currently not possible. Messes with all sorts of readings, sensors and importantly MOT which in turn I guess invalidates insurance.

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
You arn't hammering it hard enough ;)

Granted they arn't 'cracks' like the older years but they are still there for me. Must be 8k miles now and sometimes it still amazes me on what sounds i can get out of the car!

I do think noise isolation and build quality has made the inside feel numb, as I had to ferry a Xmas tree Saturday with the lid open and wow, was it loud and proud!

I don't think the res-delete will do much for 'farts', the PPF still plays a big role in that. I do get some rather loud pops and bangs when warm though.
Totally agree, the car does make noises but cabin insulation is pretty good. I had my seats down for a week due to using the car like a van and the noises were brilliant. the Res delete has helped the noise become more pronounced. On start up the car really growls when warm

Jonesy_Cupra

Dec 9, 2019
I've been speaking to Tony Banks in Leeds, he can make a straight pipe that sleeves on like the res delete but goes all the way to the rear so removes the back box also. Makes putting the standard exhaust back on easier.

Anyone done this? Any vids?

Dec 12, 2019
Hi all,

New to the forums, just ordered a Leon Cupra 290 DSG in midnight black for March delivery.

Its on lease so not a lot I can do in terms of mods, but I will be hanging around the forums and eventually get some pics up once it arrives ;)

Look forward to getting my hands on it!

Cheers
Hi Jonesy,

Just joined the forum. I get the same car (leased) as you end of March. I have gone for the Silver.

Can’t wait for delivery.

Will have to put reviews on when we get our cars.

Seeya,

Jonesy_Cupra

Dec 9, 2019
Hi Jonesy,

Just joined the forum. I get the same car (leased) as you end of March. I have gone for the Silver.

Can’t wait for delivery.

Will have to put reviews on when we get our cars.

Seeya,
Yeah definately!

Have you been given a number yet to track the car being built?

Not getting my hopes up of the march delivery from the issues I've been hearing of on the forum..

Jonesy_Cupra

Dec 9, 2019
Didn’t get a number. How do you find out what the track number is?
I asked the lease company about any delays and they said they'd get me the number which they did quickly.

Shame you have to ring seat though would of preferred an online system.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.