Show Me Your 2019 Cupra, Must Be Silver!

Nov 25, 2019
Great pics
I have placed an order for a silver car and wasn’t sure about the colour
Now I’m sure
Lovely colour
Thanks

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
It’s a very subtle but effective colour on those cars. Shows off the features well. Suits it well with the black parts and coppers too imo.

(my fave is still alor blue ;) )

Reactions: Loadmaster748

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
This was my 2nd choice after mag grey. I like all the colours except black and white. White purely because it reminds me of a taxi and black because black is so hard to maintain. After owning two black cars I've vowed never to own another.

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
This was my 2nd choice after mag grey. I like all the colours except black and white. White purely because it reminds me of a taxi and black because black is so hard to maintain. After owning two black cars I've vowed never to own another.
Completely agree with you concerning black cars! Never again either. I find silver and white stays 'cleanest' looking for longer and particularly resistant to showing summer dust.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Completely agree with you concerning black cars! Never again either. I find silver and white stays 'cleanest' looking for longer and particularly resistant to showing summer dust.

Agree, silver is an easy and quite forgiving colour to maintain; it ‘hides’ the dirt well, and also does a good job of hiding swirl marks if a safe wash method isn’t used (e.g. the many £5 hand wash set ups or free complementary dealer service washes).

Car colour choice is a very personal thing and we have our own reasons for choosing or not choosing certain colours, which is a good thing - if we all liked the same things then life would be very boring! I personally wouldn’t have a silver car though as historically, it’s reputed to be one of the more difficult colours to get an accurate colour match between the original factory paint and newly repainted areas if you’re unfortunate enough to need bodywork repairs. I’ve seen many silver cars with ‘patchwork’ paint where there are distinct shade differences between original and new paintwork when a car has needed body repairs - even where the new paint had been blended into the original paintwork on adjoining panels.

I used to have a contact in an insurance company who handled post-vehicle repair issues from customers, and they told me they had more customer complaints with colour matching on silver coloured cars than any other colour car - they also cited solid red as being a difficult colour to match (repainted panels can look orange in certain lighting conditions).

With modern spectrophotometer paint matching technology, it might not be such an issue these days to get a 100% accurate colour and shade match. However, I have car OCD, so if after paintwork repairs, the colour or shade match was slightly out, I’d notice it every time I looked at the car and I couldn’t live with that!

I must go and book those car OCD therapy sessions..................

Reactions: Loadmaster748

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Agree, silver is an easy and quite forgiving colour to maintain; it ‘hides’ the dirt well, and also does a good job of hiding swirl marks if a safe wash method isn’t used (e.g. the many £5 hand wash set ups or free complementary dealer service washes).

Car colour choice is a very personal thing and we have our own reasons for choosing or not choosing certain colours, which is a good thing - if we all liked the same things then life would be very boring! I personally wouldn’t have a silver car though as historically, it’s reputed to be one of the more difficult colours to get an accurate colour match between the original factory paint and newly repainted areas if you’re unfortunate enough to need bodywork repairs. I’ve seen many silver cars with ‘patchwork’ paint where there are distinct shade differences between original and new paintwork when a car has needed body repairs - even where the new paint had been blended into the original paintwork on adjoining panels.

I used to have a contact in an insurance company who handled post-vehicle repair issues from customers, and they told me they had more customer complaints with colour matching on silver coloured cars than any other colour car - they also cited solid red as being a difficult colour to match (repainted panels can look orange in certain lighting conditions).

With modern spectrophotometer paint matching technology, it might not be such an issue these days to get a 100% accurate colour and shade match. However, I have car OCD, so if after paintwork repairs, the colour or shade match was slightly out, I’d notice it every time I looked at the car and I couldn’t live with that!

I must go and book those car OCD therapy sessions..................

Yes I'd heard that about silver and red. We have three cars, one red, one white and one silver. The red and white ones are relatively new but my real passion (a.k.a. the one I care about) is my silver E39 540. When I bought it two years ago it had recently been imported from Japan and, as with most Jap imports, was immaculate with low miles (35k at 17 years old). However, there were a few minor blemishes here and there which my local bodyshop sorted out and you really wouldn't know any different. They really did do an excellent job.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.