MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
I ordered end of September and had a confirmed build date of 9th December in early November, so just over a month. They gave me a provisional build week in January almost 2 or 3 days after I ordered.
Thanks... I ordered end of November so might get some info early January (depending on how long the factory shuts down for Christmas!!!).
At least mine is a 'bog-standard' ST Lux so no 'extras' to worry about screwing up the production schedule.....
Keep us posted please!

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
The lease company said the car I have ordered are ones they had already ordered for march delivery which is why only black was available .. So hoping that is the case.

I have had the dealer delivery date of February 14th given to me so far.
Wouldn’t trust nationwide vehicle contracts. They messed me around for 9 months not replying to my communications and only refunded my fee when I threatened to do a charge back. Others have said the make up delivery dates to keep you happy.

Jonesy_Cupra

Dec 9, 2019
Wouldn’t trust nationwide vehicle contracts. They messed me around for 9 months not replying to my communications and only refunded my fee when I threatened to do a charge back. Others have said the make up delivery dates to keep you happy.
Hopefully that's not the case!

SE13Cupra

Oct 18, 2019
Yes my pre-ordered car from Nationwide was due for delivery in August...... I got it on the 25th November! To be fair they can't help on the delay front, but their lack of communication was pretty poor.

Joe wants his Cupra

Aug 31, 2019
An e-mail update on the delayed builds due to the fire...

“I have just got off the phone with dealer support who are telling me that there isn't any change in status as of yet. They have admitted that they might of underestimated the delay of the fire from the workshop where originally they thought the delay would be 2 weeks. They are now not putting a time on it but are telling me the cars are there waiting for the dashboards to be put in the car to complete the build”

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
An e-mail update on the delayed builds due to the fire...

“I have just got off the phone with dealer support who are telling me that there isn't any change in status as of yet. They have admitted that they might of underestimated the delay of the fire from the workshop where originally they thought the delay would be 2 weeks. They are now not putting a time on it but are telling me the cars are there waiting for the dashboards to be put in the car to complete the build”
Still think this partial build is BS or is only for the ones that must have started being built prior to the actual fire.

I just can’t believe the issues

I honestly think we may aswell be offered the new model and they just scrap the order a lol probably be quicker

Reactions: Ali Bailey

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Still think this partial build is BS or is only for the ones that must have started being built prior to the actual fire.

I honestly think we may aswell be offered the new model and they just scrap the order a lol probably be quicker
I'd rather have my 290 than the new model to be honest, not a fan of the images I have seen of the new one so far.

Joe wants his Cupra

Aug 31, 2019

Yeah I believe mine is partially built as the fire happened at the end of my build week.
I think the newer model is uglier, much prefer this one but it has been an absolute nightmare all the way through! Will be quite comedic taking delivery of a 69 plate in February (I’m assuming) just before the 20 plates ffs

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I agree totally I don’t want it

if it’s delayed until Feb I will be requesting it held for 20 plate which is the least they can do making me wait 9 months !

Joe wants his Cupra

Aug 31, 2019
I agree totally I don’t want it

if it’s delayed until Feb I will be requesting it held for 20 plate which is the least they can do making me wait 9 months !
Yeah I think if you can wait then request the 20 plate. I’d much rather just take the car as soon as it comes for work purposes. Still Can’t believe it though, I ordered start of August thinking I would get it by the end of the year at the latest lol

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
After my email last week telling me it was currently being built, got another email telling me today due to the fire it hasn’t started build yet. Beyond a joke!

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
39a665222d13fa4f56fcc2e27537cbe9.jpg

So the Disklok has arrived. Just need the fecking car now!! No word yet on whether it’ll be at the dealers for Monday ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
With everything I’ve read here, I would pay a few quid more per month and lease through my local dealer. At least you have a person or dealership to contact rather than someone on the phone you’ll never meet & who will never care about you and your order!

Crewe Seat are very competitive on leasing deals and the guy there, Paul Colclough, his customer service is spot on!

Before you confirm your lease with an online provider give him a try!

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
With everything I’ve read here, I would pay a few quid more per month and lease through my local dealer. At least you have a person or dealership to contact rather than someone on the phone you’ll never meet & who will never care about you and your order!

Crewe Seat are very competitive on leasing deals and the guy there, Paul Colclough, his customer service is spot on!

I went the dealer route and had an absolute nightmare. The key is to get in writing the quotation when ordering and get them to guarantee the price will be held.

My quote was generated in Q2, it was built in Q3 and delivered to dealer in Q4. The prices changed didn’t they, as well as GFValues. Quite a bit.

Only thanks to my own dogged determination did we get the car at the agreed price. And without sounding egotistical - some would’ve either accepted a higher price or cancelled. I stuck with it and got there in the end.

I’m still a little bitter. But then we’ve been very fairly compensated by SEAT UK.

Remember that the Dealers are just franchises selling a brand. They are not SEAT and have their own policies and levels of integrity. Therefore some are better than others.

matt4791

Mar 4, 2018

This is who I have used. He’s been very good so far. Like you say, a bit more pricey than some of the deals out there, but happy to pay that for convenience and locality. Just hoping my Cupra Lux arrives in March like has been suggested!

Nivster

Sep 3, 2019
Reactions: mildmanneredjon

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019

Loxy

Aug 28, 2019
They did the same to a lot of the new Civic Type Rs, as well as initially nearly all dealers mistakenly turning off variable servicing which couldn't then be turned back on...

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019

If you took a new model it wouldn't be a Cupra. That's not due for some time, at least 6 months, after the standard Leon release.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise