Cupra 280 dq250 jerky downshifts

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
Has anyone else noticed that especially in sports mode when the car is dropping down gears in automatic mode, mostly 3-2 2-1 that the car seems to jerk forward?

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Has anyone else noticed that especially in sports mode when the car is dropping down gears in automatic mode, mostly 3-2 2-1 that the car seems to jerk forward?
I've got the DQ380 but I believe they are pretty similar. It's silky smooth and no jerking at all. I spend a lot of time in low gears living in Edinburgh being sat in traffic on the crap bypass.
Has yours been serviced regularly or had any software mods?

Last edited:

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
I've got the DQ380 but I believe they are pretty similar. It's silky smooth and no jerking at all. I spend a lot of time in low gears living in Edinburgh being sat in traffic on the crap bypass.
Has yours been serviced regularly or had any software mods?

gearbox oil change 4k miles ago, dsg reset etc. mine is the dq250, ive been in a dq381 cupra and it did feel smoother.

mine is mapped, clutch clamping pressures are fine as I have no slip. its mostly when im braking it feels the most jerky.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
gearbox oil change 4k miles ago, dsg reset etc. mine is the dq250, ive been in a dq381 cupra and it did feel smoother.

mine is mapped, clutch clamping pressures are fine as I have no slip. its mostly when im braking it feels the most jerky.
I've seen others with mapping moan about this. Could be something to do with the map? Or has it only just started?

arronleeds

Jul 27, 2017
I've seen others with mapping moan about this. Could be something to do with the map? Or has it only just started?

Mapper drove it and said it felt fine to him, its deffo been more prominent since the map

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.