MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Nivster

Sep 3, 2019
So far I’ve been told Tuesday 17th Dec but awaiting final confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw your last message after sending mine...so any news? Where you picking up again? Leeds?

Excellent news regardless...indeed, the end is in sight!!

mildmanneredjon

Sep 9, 2019
Saw your last message after sending mine...so any news? Where you picking up again? Leeds?

Excellent news regardless...indeed, the end is in sight!!

So it should have been Leeds but now it’s York so they are delivering to my work hopefully on Tuesday. Just awaiting email confirmation from MotorSource

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I have had an update that the delays are worse then expected and realistically it will be March by the time everything is done and dusted but tbh it’s back to a guessing game.

as stated we are now back in the brexit game which could cause even more delays

only silver lining for me is the fact will be back in the race for early 20 plates over late 69 plates although I probably would just want the car either way.

it’s is really annoying having to borrow cars to use atm.

I have asked them to provide me a hire car because effectively my wife and kid are housebound if I take the car

Reactions: Ali Bailey

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
The new M135i is xDrive, so all wheel drive.
Bet it's heavy! I couldn't believe how heavy the Mini clubman and countryman are but then I found out they use the same chassis as the X1/X2 so makes sense.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
That video bugs me, the Golf R goes past the A35 then finishes almost a car length behind in the next frame..
Carwow make shocking videos in my opinion. They usually have one driver still sleeping at launch. It's like they stage them.

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham
Yep that's in a straight line. Doesn't really show its actual performance. If this was used then the Cupra would be an awful track car based on its drag times. Have you found any track times where it "smashes" the AMG A35?
Like your sarcastic comments mate:blahblah: but I was talking about drag

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
Does it really matter if a more expensive hot hatch is faster than it? I'm sure most of us here got a Cupra because it was a stonking good deal, show me ANY other worthwhile hot hatch available for under £250 a month amortised cost.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Latst update from Forces Cars. Seems the most comprehensive information so far:

"Good Morning Daily Meme

I hope you’re well

I’ve spoken with the manager at the dealership regarding the delay of your vehicle and asked him to contact SEAT UK to gather as much information as possible.

SEAT Uk confirmed there was a fire at one of their suppliers factories who produce the dashboards for the Cupra Lux and that this has caused considerable delays. They advised the dealership that the back log has now taken build weeks into January but they are unable to confirm which week in January yours will be completed at this moment.

It was my understanding originally that they were just waiting for the dash boards but from my conversation with the manger yesterday, it now seems that any vehicles that were due to be built from the week commencing the 19th November have not yet gone into production I’m afraid. They are currently aiming for the week commencing the 7th January but then from build, there will be 5 weeks delivery to the dealership. This means that they would expect your car to reach you late February/ early March I’m afraid.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience this will cause you and the manager has also asked me to pass on his apologies. He has said that if you log a customer concern with SEAT UK, they may be able to offer a form of compensation due to their delays. You will need your SEAT order number which is xxxxxxxx and you can reach them on 08085 222 222.

I am really sorry about this Daily Meme. I have asked the manager at the dealership to keep us informed of any updates as I can only provide the information I am given by them. They have said SEAT hadn’t informed them of this delayed lead time until he called them so they will ask SEAT to do the same.

I will be in touch as soon as I hear any further."

2020 number plate it is then. Who is cancelling?

Last edited:

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge

"Good Morning Daily Meme

I hope you’re well

I’ve spoken with the manager at the dealership regarding the delay of your vehicle and asked him to contact SEAT UK to gather as much information as possible.

SEAT Uk confirmed there was a fire at one of their suppliers factories who produce the dashboards for the Cupra Lux and that this has caused considerable delays. They advised the dealership that the back log has now taken build weeks into January but they are unable to confirm which week in January yours will be completed at this moment.

It was my understanding originally that they were just waiting for the dash boards but from my conversation with the manger yesterday, it now seems that any vehicles that were due to be built from the week commencing the 19th November have not yet gone into production I’m afraid. They are currently aiming for the week commencing the 7th January but then from build, there will be 5 weeks delivery to the dealership. This means that they would expect your car to reach you late February/ early March I’m afraid.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience this will cause you and the manager has also asked me to pass on his apologies. He has said that if you log a customer concern with SEAT UK, they may be able to offer a form of compensation due to their delays. You will need your SEAT order number which is xxxxxxxx and you can reach them on 08085 222 222.

I am really sorry about this Daily Meme. I have asked the manager at the dealership to keep us informed of any updates as I can only provide the information I am given by them. They have said SEAT hadn’t informed them of this delayed lead time until he called them so they will ask SEAT to do the same.

Okay what the flip?

Just called SEAT UK. "we need to verify this information, as SEAT UK has not been made aware of this yet."

Seriously???

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham

"Good Morning Daily Meme

I hope you’re well

So I have just phoned CS and they have just said my car is built but without a dash and he advised me that it will be a 1 to 2 week delay and to ring back next week