MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

LevoForest

May 9, 2017
Nottingham
Yeah, some consolation at least.
I called on the off chance they might offer some form of compensation. I'm not so bothered by the delay. It's looking like it will defintitely be a March delivery now so 2020 reg plate, and excellent birthday present to myself.
Sounds spot on mate, I could really do with mine before Feb but it isn't looking good

Joe wants his Cupra

Aug 31, 2019
So I have just phoned CS and they have just said my car is built but without a dash and he advised me that it will be a 1 to 2 week delay and to ring back next week
Same as what I’ve been told. Think you were week 47 like me? What car did you order? Mine was standard hatch Grey. Hopefully the information is accurate because the January build week is a p*ss take

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Does it really matter if a more expensive hot hatch is faster than it? I'm sure most of us here got a Cupra because it was a stonking good deal, show me ANY other worthwhile hot hatch available for under £250 a month amortised cost.
Even cheaper if you buy them at the moment. Cracking price. 2nd hand value is higher than new right now.

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
I’m lucky I’m in no rush for mine but this is beyond a joke :banghead2 I’m calling March delivery definitely. No point getting excited again to get another set back somewhere down the line

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Still think we are being messed around

Levo if yours is built
Mine should be to surely but I’m being told no

I’m just waiting for someone to get One

now brexit is going to occur we going to have to deal with that now to

Reactions: BS1
Sep 28, 2019
Mine was built week 45 and as of yet has not been allocated a boat to the uk, thats about 4 weeks now! There was a a boat due to leave yesterday so I'm hoping it made its way onto that. Waiting to hear back from SEAT regarding this.

Browesy

Oct 30, 2017
My car was built week 47, currently sat in Barcelona waiting for a boat to UK. It has chassis number etc. so looks like I was lucky to avoid this dashboard issue! I ordered directly through dealer who have actually been really good with weekly updates etc. Not their fault at the end of the day. Car is MY20 hatch, so seems to exist just not seen it yet!!

Reactions: Kirky

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
My car was built week 47, currently sat in Barcelona waiting for a boat to UK. It has chassis number etc. so looks like I was lucky to avoid this dashboard issue! I ordered directly through dealer who have actually been really good with weekly updates etc. Not their fault at the end of the day. Car is MY20 hatch, so seems to exist just not seen it yet!!
Is it a Lux? If it's a standard hatch that's the same as the MY19 and a few have already got theirs.
If it's a Lux you'll be the first one I've seen in here to get one!

Reactions: Ali Bailey

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019

I searched for news in Spanish and found this one that says the factory began production again on the 2nd December using parts from Germany and the Czech Republic but the Leon production was still awaiting a later date to start production.
It claims that with the Xmas closure due on the 20th December they could reach a figure of 14000 vehicles that have been delayed!

They were originally closing on the 17th for Xmas so they are doing 3 extra days production to try and catch up some of the losses.

https://www.economiadigital.es/dire...gestamp-a-parar-en-cataluna_20014334_102.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe wants his Cupra

BS1

Sep 1, 2019
I searched for news in Spanish and found this one that says the factory began production again on the 2nd December using parts from Germany and the Czech Republic but the Leon production was still awaiting a later date to start production.
It claims that with the Xmas closure due on the 20th December they could reach a figure of 14000 vehicles that have been delayed!

They were originally closing on the 17th for Xmas so they are doing 3 extra days production to try and catch up some of the losses.

https://www.economiadigital.es/dire...gestamp-a-parar-en-cataluna_20014334_102.html
By the looks of it says they hope to start again this Tuesday for the Leon according to that

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members